Tragedy in France

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't understand why terrorists think this will make people sympathetic to their causes. If anything it has the opposite effect. Does ISIS even have a cause?

That's not their plan. Terror is about creating fear in the hearts of Mr. and Ms. Every Day. It's about making them afraid to go shopping, go to a movie, go to work in the morning. It causes governments to tighten their sphincters; close borders, increase security, increase police and military presence, suspend civil rights, spend sh*t loads of $$$ to do all these things just to whack that little mole who occasionally sticks his head up out of one of those myriad holes. Terror is like Dollar Store style guerrilla warfare for the chicken-sh*t whack job who is not fighting tyranny or oppressive foreign occupation in his own country, but is just following some fairy tale scribblings of some sheep fornicators who lived in caves a couple thousand years ago. These animals who do these deeds are not Che Guevaras or Thomas Jeffersons. They're not revolutionaries. They are murderous, malignant, brainwashed children with AK-47s and improvised explosives. They have no class or standing in history other than as an infectious slime to be disinfected and eliminated.

• Like 2

I'm not afraid to go to the grocery store just because some radical loons bombed Paris.

I know that the NFL is stepping up its security but their prices scared me away faster than terrorists could.

All ISIS has done is galvanize the western world's military against it. Who knows, even wimps like the UN and the USA might get involved.

• Like 1

This is how you react to terrorists.

France launches massive strike against ISIL in Syria as manhunt intensifies

I don't know if I'd call 20 bombs a "massive" strike. I'd call 3,900 tons of high explosives over three days a massive strike.

Dresden

BTW, if you have never read Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five" this would be an excellent time to do so. It is one of the greatest novels of the 20th century, so great that it was banned as obscene in many schools.

I am very real

If you were to bother to read my books, to behave as educated persons would, you would learn that they are not sexy, and do not argue in favor of wildness of any kind. They beg that people be kinder and more responsible than they often are. It is true that some of the characters speak coarsely. That is because people speak coarsely in real life. Especially soldiers and hardworking men speak coarsely, and even our most sheltered children know that. And we all know, too, that those words really don’t damage children much. They didn’t damage us when we were young. It was evil deeds and lying that hurt us.

Edited by Webb
  • Like 1

I think you have to separate 20th century literature into pre-1950 and post-1950.

There is no way you can compare Ernest Hemingway and Jack London to political fiction like George Orwell and Aldous Huxley.

• Like 1

:angry2: :rant: :rant: :rant: Attack Rock'n'Roll Now that's a whole new kettle of fish .. Miserable low down snides .

Deserve the big weight that as sure as eggs are eggs is coming their way...

Roll on justice..

• Like 1

Hero police dog walks to her death: Heartbreaking photo shows Diesel just moments before she was killed by woman suicide bomber in Paris siege

This heartbreaking photograph shows heroic police dog Diesel moments before she was blown up by a suicide bomber during the siege in Paris.

The seven-year-old Belgian Shepherd died this morning in a firefight with suspected ISIS militants behind the Paris massacre who were holed up in a flat.

She was sent in to the building to sniff out booby traps but was blown to pieces when a woman came out firing her AK-47 at police and then detonated her suicide vest.

2E8EAD4400000578-3323495-image-m-7_1447844444038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...