Penguin Tales

Gee, and to think I just jumped over to linux to visit. I guess my students don't think I am a "nightingale " either. I am not a penquin, but I do like to be beside the water - I just perfer the temp to be about 85.Cheating - My husband took our house guests down to pick up their race packets and called home. My bachelor neighbor was over drinking wine and catching up on the gossip when he answered the phone for me. He anwered it "Julia's lover". We don't have caller ID. Good thing it wasn't someone else calling.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it. I am kind of slow. I read your email above and it reminded me I was suppose to water the turkey on the grill. All that talk about wings.....

Julia.Wher the heck is Duck ?? Have they got ice over there ? You mean you´re not eating duck but just ¨working Duck¨ whatever that is . . . Please explain and take my fear away . . B) Bruno

Duck NC is found here. It is a hidden but well known tourist trap. Duck, Southern Shores, and Kitty Hawk (heard of the Wright Brothers) all share the same zip code. Boy does that throw off some databases.Actually I will work North of Duck. I would not know how to work a duck unless it is one of those wooden things on a stick that you walk along the floor to entertain kids B)

siebkens, I will be your walking ( wobbling ) dictionary, don´t worry ! B)  Bruno
I only recognized 1 word out of every 5 words at the LINUX thread so it may be awhile before I'm ready for LINUX! Seriously, I've been trying to download Knoppix to try, but haven't had a consistent connection.teacher@May 10 2003, 01:54 PM
I noticed someone just commented in the jobs thread about how we get off track around here!
The place to post stuff that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers, broadband, Scot's Newsletter, or anything that's "supposed" to be here.
I think that these instructions posted on the main board about the water cooler mean that in some convoluted way we are actually following directions!teacher@May 10 2003, 01:41 PM
Yup, I see. Chasing the other women again. First me, then LilBambi and now siebkens.
Fickle penguin, aren't you?

siebkensYou caught on, he is a fickle penquin. Don't you just love how Jeber renamed this part of the thread. We convinced him we needed to split cause I figured we would scare off anyone that was in the other part. :) I hear the download horrors. I am crawling along on my attempts at Mandrake. I think our fickle penquin will hold our hands and guide us through. :) Did you think we were suppose to know more than one out of every five words? I think it is a test where you are suppose to see how much you can figure out by the content of the paragraph. :D

HELP ! HELP ! Now I get attacked by Siebkens and Julia at the same time, first they leave me here with no ice at all and now they start jumping on my big yellow feet !!It are those tempting avatars that got me sidetracked, I´ve got a weak spot for curly hear. . . . We penguins would do anything to get some attention.Now see how they treat me :(Siebkens, you may want to make the jump soon to the Linux forum ! Julia is a few steps ahead of you, downloading her first Mandrake without even notifying you ! Quick insert that Knoppix in your drive and come to get some ¨good advice¨ over in ¨my place¨. :D :) Bruno

Don't listen to him Siebkens. You have to wonder about someone that needs that much ice. Is it to cool down or does he just drink a lot of that bubbly? :D

Don´t listen to her Sieb, I have serious doubts if she´s a real teacher:

fickle penquin
According to my dictionary me and my family are called penguins :D :) :) Those poor innocent students . . . . :) I´m sure glad there is no such a thing as a penguin school ! :) Bruno

teacher@May 11 2003, 04:43 AMYou caught on, he is a fickle penquin.  Don't you just love how Jeber renamed this part of the thread.  We convinced him we needed to split cause I figured we would scare off anyone that was in the other part. :)
It threw me for a minute, but I feel certain that it's a good idea - I'd hate to be scaring away the newbies.
I hear the download horrors.  I am crawling along on my attempts at Mandrake.  I think our fickle penquin will hold our hands and guide us through.    :)
I gave up on the slow modem connection. Hoping my high-speed will work long enough soon. (It's in beta-test phase & I'm about 4 miles out of range)
Did you think we were suppose to know more than one out of every five words?  I think it is a test where you are suppose to see how much you can figure out by the content of the paragraph. :D
If so, I've failed miserably.
Bruno@May 11 2003, 06:18 AM fickle penquin
That could be the new name of this thread - Penquin Tales. We'll get everyone confused!Sieb - I like it!

Sieb, you´re back ! :) Did you have a good night sleep ? The Teacher is gone now, so we´re alone the two of us . . . . . . :D any plans for today ? Let´s Rock and Roll ! Where is your Knoppix ? :) :) Bruno

:) Bruno
Sieb, you´re back ! :) Did you have a good night sleep ? The Teacher is gone now, so we´re alone the two of us . . . . . . :D
Fickle, fickle penguin - I see what happens when I'm gone! :)
any plans for today ?
Watch severe thunder storms & hail!
Where is your Knoppix ? :)
I can't seem to find my Knoppix - I'll keep looking!

Sieb,

Watch severe thunder storms & hail!
It´s sunny and minus 10 out here, excellent weather for birds like us. :)
I can't seem to find my Knoppix - I'll keep looking!
Come on Sieb, you´re kidding me, it´s right there in your hand ! Let´s play, just slide it in and give it a spin ! :D:) Bruno

I go to church and come home to see what is going on B) It looks like Penquin is at it again. Siebkiens, glad to see you are back. My slow connection is dsl. I wish I could just switch from whichever ftp is fastest for a given minute. Do you think if we play nice, LilBambi will come back and play? Or is she enjoying a nice Mother's Day with her family. Don't know what would lead my daughter to e-mail me Dilert cards. What a hoot.I need to check on Linux. I am going to watch and see what goes on behind my back around here! :D

You have to wonder about someone that needs that much ice.
He needs the ice to cool down his environment. Penguins like the cold, but our little birdy Bruno looks like he's in some pretty hot water! :lol:

Do you think if we play nice, LilBambi will come back and play?
Julia, do bambies have curly hair too ??? :lol: Jeber, it is 3 pages ago I was begging you to please bring a nice big ice bucket here at the watercooler ! Where have YOU been ? :D B) Look what happened, got me in a real tricky situation ! :D :D B) Bruno

I don't think LilBambi has curly hair. Go check out her web page. It has waves though! Jeber you are right, you never know when "our little birdie" will be in hot water again. Just courious, can you identify the birds in "Go with the flow"?? Need to know who the competition is now?

Don't know their names...but none of them have curly hair, if that's any relief. I did. however, get the impression that they're all females (how do you tell??) Bruno, you are a bad, bad birdy! :lol:

Hey Jeber,Like your curly hair ! Bruno
Jeber - NOW I am really starting to worry about our penquin. Just how much ice did you give him? Did you add anything to it - a little lithium perhaps? He sure seems wild today. :lol:

Yeah, Teacher, I'm wondering too. :lol: Hey, Bruno, do you like to watch gladiator movies? B) (ever see the movie "Airplane?)

Jeber . . . . pssssssssst . . . . . Jeber, . . you look like a nice girl ! :lol: B) Gladiator ? Aaah those flowers in the garden . . .love them ! Airplaine ? Oooooh they got wings too ! Love airplanes :D See you later Jeberrrrrrrr ! B) Bruno

O.M.G. Teacher, LilBambi, someone, anyone, rescue me!!! I've got an amorous penguin after me. :lol:

Jeber, Jeberrrrr. . . . we´re alone now . . . you´ve got such a pretty smile too . . . :lol: :D Love smiling girls . . B) Bruno

Aaaaargh . .. Jeber, you are an ugly bald headed eagle too . . . . . . I´m out of here !!!!! :D Jeber . . . . . . ssssst . . . . . tell me; why do you dress up like a girl ?? :lol: B) Bruno