Penguin Tales

Guest LilBambi
QUOTE (jbredmound @ Jun 17 2003, 12:53 AM) Jack of all Trades  QUOTE (teacher @ Jun 17 2003, 03:13 PM) Isn't that what anyone with any sense of logic that can mess with computers becomes. Some of us might be Jill of all trades or Joy or Julia or Fran or ...... but I have yet to know anyone that fixes their friend's computers that has not come under this description. Now about that Jack........  Is that what drove you to drink?
Now, I am confused ... I thought Jack of all Trades was a humankind type of statement, like mankind, Fireman, or maybe like the old way of understanding Postman and Policeman (at least till feminists ruined them!).BTW: As long as we are not mentioning OSes, I thought I'd remind folks that it's L, M, W and U. Can't forget that U one !!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope...Can't forget the U...The L's estranged father :D ...another saga in the never ending story" As the OS Churns"...or "The Edge of OS" or "OS Family Feud" :D

The L, the M, the W and M, the U and lets not forget the D ! Just as long it is not the S.C.O. !! That would really put me off !:D The L.U.D. Penguin

Guest LilBambi

Ah, yes, the $50,000 D OS, and it's various variants as well.Maybe we shouldn't forget B and O, actually the two different Os, either :D

Don't forget the P OS (no pun intended :D) either!Now granted it's a "small" OS and it fits right into your hand. :D

Name that OS...BOB!  (you did mean "other self" didn't you?  ;) )
Wasn't Bob the goofy dog that MS decided was the answer to lead us through learning their messaging and word proceesing software at one time? Ick!K*****x is the OS that I won't spell out here - it seems to do strange things to the penquin (reminds me of the cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs bird!) ;)

Nothing like an OS game to get a bunch of geeks going! Okay, are there any alphabetical characters left?

Nothing like an OS game to get a bunch of geeks going!  Okay, are there any alphabetical characters left?
IE?OK, I'll leave peaceably....but I'll be back!

OK, I'll leave peaceably....but I'll be back!
Is that a promise? I need some company here. The penguin forgets to come play. He gets entirely too serious these days, spending all his time in that other forum!