Penguin Tales

Well, starting this afternoon it does not make any difference which day of the week fo rme until the second week in August! Yeah! Schools out!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• BarryB

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry, something like that! :rolleyes: Oh well... I did have a Jack and Coke last night, so guess that'll have to tide me over :D

RyanJack and coke used to be my fav...of course after awhile.I forgot about the coke part..)Oh yea Jack Black with a Jack Black chaser..No wonder I got in trouble all the time LOL :rolleyes:

RyanJack and coke used to be my fav...of course after awhile.I forgot about the coke part..)Oh yea Jack Black with a Jack Black chaser..No wonder I got in trouble all the time LOL :rolleyes:
Define trouble...All those wnderful experiences will make you a "Jack of all Trades"'

Jack of all Trades
Isn't that what anyone with any sense of logic that can mess with computers becomes. Some of us might be Jill of all trades or Joy or Julia or Fran or ...... but I have yet to know anyone that fixes their friend's computers that has not come under this description. Now about that Jack........ :rolleyes: Is that what drove you to drink?Meanwhile, where is the penguin? It must be party time across the water.

Isn't that what anyone with any sense of logic that can mess with computers becomes.    Some of us might be Jill of all trades or Joy or Julia or Fran or
TeachLOL...That is so true...I'm the neighborhood"Geek" (which isn't really saying alot...when I read what some of the people here know about computers ...I think I have the G...missing the eek!!) But I'm still learning :rolleyes: Ryan...Day off and ready to party!!! Hope ya had a great day off. ;)

If we can get the penguin away from the L*** forum, maybe he will come help start a new party today. It as good as Saturday night for me. I feel like this is the weekend. Party Mode. What shall we do today? Shall we play trivial pursuit, mellow out, or something like "name that OS". I've got it. Name that os. What OS is free of charge and lets you pick whether you want to download it, buy it, or install five different versions. Five seconds!_____________________________Ready for Action

Gee Julia... that's a toughie! <_< hmm... could it be L****?Okay... here's one... Proprietary OS that only works on a small number of machines... Produced by a big-wig company that's so stuck up that it's never going to survive...

Edited by GolfProRM

That is tricky. Only works on a small number of computers. That could be MAC or it could be Windows! Given the extra verbal clues, I vote Windows! Am I right?

Stick with your first thoughts... The "works on small number of computers" didn't mean works well, meant that it only will install and run on a certain set of hardware (Proprietary as I said) <_<

Did you see today there was a "Julia" on the forum. Had to go back and do a double-take to make sure with this install that I had set up properly! Oh no, where is Jeber. I feel a split personality coming on.Next OS question: Which OS waits until an upgraded version is absolutely rock solid stable before releasing it as an upgrade?

Next OS question:  Which OS waits until an upgraded version is absolutely rock solid stable before releasing it as an upgrade?
Umm... trick question, right? <_< :D Never seen a stable OS :)

Who me? What L word - Love? Okay, I will not use the L word, I will not use the L word, I will NOT use the L word in the water cooler. That means you can't use your signature either! I thought one of you would have said Debian by now. Can we say that?__________________________Teacher's Out of School <_<

There...  fixed my last post using that evil word....  my apologies Signor Penguin
Does that mean I have to go fix mine too? Bruno, your turn.

We can't use the L word? Does that mean we also can't use the W word either? How are we supposed to play guess the os then :blink:

Barry - what about Mac? It does make it challenging. Try to do a post without any words that start with L, M, or W! Maybe we should add a D to cover the old days back from when I learned computers for the second time around! :blink:

Oh God! I forgot about the M word...But your right, what challenge..good thing we don't extend it to programing languages..we'd be out of letters soon LOLC would be gone...so would F ..ugh....(ummm .. Fortran..before anybody goes there..LOL)

-12 points for you. You used 6 of those nouns starting with one OS and 6 for the other primary OS. Try harder! ________________________Speechless :blink:

Am I late again!! :o Name that OS...BOB! (you did mean "other self" didn't you? :rolleyes: ) Oh, well, in that case, the answer's still BOB...if the question is, "What M$ O.S. is not used by anyone in this forum as a primary O.S.?" :rolleyes:By the way, as a party to the peace agreement, I assure you we didn't outlaw the use of the term LINUX in any other forum. We just decided to keep all topics relating to that O.S. in the appropriate forum. But the Cooler isn't partial to Windows, Linux, Lindows or any other. The words are welcome...discussions of them should be in the proper forum. OK? (I may have to switch identities again soon, I'm beginning to feel too "reasonable". :D)

Edited by Jeber

Too late BobNow we know the name of the reasonable, coherent self. Can you tell us Bob what the personalities are of each: Jeber, Bob, Marty, Osama? Oops, wrong thread. You get points for that answer. If anyone in the forum is using Bob as an operating system, I put you in charge of the re-education committee.

-12 ponits? Geez! :D ...I seem to be heading in the wrong direction with the OS quiz....How about Darwin for and OS..Does that count? You weren't my college accounting instructor where you?...I lost points there too.