Site slow and sluggish today?

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Any body else notice that the site is very slow today? Or is it just me? It's taking 3 or 4 times what it normally takes to load pages for me today.

Any body else notice that the site is very slow today?  Or is it just me?  It's taking 3 or 4 times what it normally takes to load pages for me today.
No! you are not alone, I was beginning to wonder if my IP was about to crash, or whether Scot had paid his Bandwith Account? Apart from checking for nasties :P it was totally unexpected.Ozi.

I suspect it is a little bit of the latest virus slowing down servers and probably has nothing to do with either end but what is going on inbetween. Particularly since I have noticed other sites being a bit slow on the update. Then again, after five days without any Internet due to traveling I am just happy to be back on line.Julia

I've noticed it too, but its intermitent. I think Teacher has it right...a couple of hops between my PC and Scotts are taking a long time.

nlinecomputers

Today it as fast as it has been. And for me the site has been faster since moving to the new server not slower. With the exception of yesterday of course.

When I saw this story today, I wondered how much effect it was having on the entire web, and maybe us as well, even though we don't have DoubleClick ads here.

I can't tell any speed difference. It is always been about average and is no different on a new server at a new webhost. Some day's it is a bit slow but is never speedy. I guess that has a lot to do with php.Yes I have tried IE and Mozilla on both WinXp and Mandrake on systems better than 1GHz in speed on my 3Mb/s cable connection.

FuzzButt.....Good point, but the images on the page are loaded after the page itself has loaded, so if the page itself is loading slowly, it should be something at the forums server.

Ya I have been really paying attention and the delay seems to be page creation delay and not image loading delay. Though I was just checking another forum I frequent and there is a delay there also. but it is not as pronounced. They also run IPB 1.3.1 final but have a very large database to parse. Script time is around .010 to .0125 seconds. My times here are in the .018 to nearly .068

James M. Fisher

I'm at work and it's just as slow to load here too. At least 5 to 10 seconds before the page appears. Same when I click "Add reply" as well.