Thunderbird won't open links in Mozilla Firefox

cmelody

I use Thunderbird 07.1 and Firefox 09.1 . In my e-mail when I gwet a link properly defined by < > and click on it, it does not shift over and open iFirefox. I have to copy/paste go out of Thunderbird over to Firefox and then paste it in to get it to open. What am I doing wrong?If nothing, would I be better off in dumping both and going to the Mozilla full package here one click does all? Can I transfer all my addressses, messages etc over???Thanks

Is Firefox set to be your Default browser?You might also check your file types (Ctrl Panel->Folder Options ->File types) to make sure that HTML files are associated with Firefox

Sounds like it's a known bug with the latest FF release.. It's an issue with FF correctly identifying itself as the default browser.You can go here and download the little program that will make sure your browser settings are correct.OR: per what I've found, you need to make sure all these are set to FF# In Windows, go to Start > Settings > Folder Options > File Types and assign the following things to Firefox:

• URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol
  • URL:Protected HyperText Transfer Protocol
  • URL:File Transfer Protocol
  • HTML File
  • HTM File (optional)

SonicDragon

If i remember correctly, you're not the only one that's had this problem. There was a post a while ago with someone that was having the exact same problem.... 'cept i can't find that post now :'(

nlinecomputers
http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...wtopic=7847&hl=Is that the one your talking about. O'l Paracelus was also having the same problem http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=7869Note that this is all part of the same problem of Firefox not fully setting it's self up as the default browser. They need to fix this and put out a 0.9.3.