Firefox on Crucial.com

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Ok I mostly use Mozilla but I had something corrupt my Mozilla profile so I thought I would try out Firefox again. Does anyone else have problems logging on to the crucial.com website in Firefox?

nlinecomputers

I'll try that. But I find it odd that Firefox would need it(if your theory is correct) while Mozilla doesn't.

You're trying to login or you're having trouble just getting to the page? I'm using Firefox 0.9.1 and I get the page, buttons and all. I don't have an account so I can't test the login. Are you blocking port 443?

nlinecomputers

Update. Must of been more corruption. I uninstalled and deleted Mozilla and firefox and found all the profiles and nuked them too. Now I can get it. Too many upgrades I guess. It might explain why I never could take a liking to Firefox, never had a "fresh" install so quirky stuff happens. I'll use if for a few days and see if I like it better now that I've got a true fresh install.

Since the backend for the login is ASP why not use a User Agent Switcher. ;)
Sweet that works here for getting to the page now but none on the button or links work within that page but if you access the page directly it works.This isn't about crucial it's a site we use at work that only works with IE, but the agent will allow you in now - just nothing else works when you get in. 1 step closer

If it uses some tech like ActiveX then you'll never be able to get in :( But keep trying! If its not using ActiveX then you might be able to access it!

nlinecomputers

Well I was able to get in after I completely wiped out the firefox install, profile and all. Then I got hit with everytime I clicked a link in email two firefox windows opened up. That is a known bug and a registry patch is available to fix it. After I used it Crucial.com (and other websites that login with form buttons) quit working again.Not worth it. Good bye firefox, hello mozilla again. :(

Yea I noticed the pages were all .asp - our state is so dependent on windows it is scarey. I bring up the word Linux and they all stand there scratching their heads.