Halt! Who goes there?

jbredmound

jbredmound

I just don't know... First, we have a big problem, but what if Scot Finnie has to figure out how to answer all of those challenges to get his newletter out? Even if he makes the newsletter web-based , what about the ntifications to all of us that it's available?I keep going back to the fact that I turned off my ISP's spam control because it blocked more stuff that I wanted than stuff I didn't want.Do I want "halt, who goes there" on my account?We need a solution, but this helter-skelter of "good ideas" may rapidly turn into a nightmare.It's like Senator Joe McCarthy saying that anything we do to keep communists out of our country is better than nothing; is it?

what if Scot Finnie has to figure out how to answer all of those challenges to get his newletter out?
Fred Langa agrees with you. He brought up this very point in discussing this technology. It sounds great, but in practice, it puts too great a burden on the sender. No way a newsletter publisher with 1000 subscribers or more could keep up with all the authentications.