Verizon FIOS and New Router

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

The other night, I had a minor issue with my internet connectivity. I knew it wasn't on my side, though. I called Verizon and spoke to a sharp young man who tracked the issue down to something on their end. He worked some magic and VOILA! I had all the proper lights on the router once again. Eric happy now!

In the process of this phone call, the agent also alerted me that my router was quite obsolete. He said Verizon would be more than happy to ship me a nice new one (with 802.11G and N). I agreed. Today I received my router. It's spiffy. Here's a pic of the Actiontec M1424WR Rev. 1 router:

BOGvvGe.jpg

I was supposed to receive a return shipping label to ship the old router back to them, but I didn't. I had to call Customer Support again. No problem... I always have great experiences with Verizon's support; amazingly enough in this day and age. Anyway, while on the line ordering the shipping label from them, the nice young lady asked me why I had not renewed my bundle with a 2 year contract. I would receive a $15 discount each month if I did so. Nothing else would change. Good! Because I like my current bundle of 50/50 Internet and Unlimited Digital Phone service.

Oh, and all went well with the router setup, too. I love it when schnit works.

So, it was a good evening... :yes:

Verizon bill drops from $107 to $92 a month. I like that.

Got a nice new (more capable and secure, supposedly) router.

Ahhhh... B)

Oh, and almost forgot...

Internets just a-zippin' along!

4324255375.png

*Originally posted at my Cabin In the Woods board. ~Eric

• Like 2