Temmu

say goodbye to email. well, gmail, at least

securitybreach

Yeah, I have been using inbox instead of gmail since this article came out in October. Everything just works better IMO.

Corrine

Oh, sure, just what I want: my email provider searching the content of my messages and adding augmenting my inbox with additional information. No thank you.

Capt.Crow

Yo! moved to inbox.com early last year . You know it,s run by spooks.. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

This new Inbox baloney is just another way for Google to snarf your data and focus ads at you.

Yo! moved to inbox.com early last year . You know it,s run by spooks.. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

They're not talking about the email provider Inbox.com. They're talking about Google's new Inbox app. I use Inbox.com, actually. Spooks have access to everything. So what?

I wonder if there's going to be some lawsuit activity by Inbox.com over Google's new thing.

Capt.Crow

Google is getting a lot worse that microsoft ever was .

The way these IT companies are run smacks of a pyramid scam .. The bigger they get the more folks are hurt in the fall.

crp

What prompted bringing this up now? This was from last October. It was even discussed here when it originally came out.

Robert

If this keeps up I'll just install my own email server. :pirate:

I get most of the spam during the night so that would be a good time to power down.

• Like 1

zlim
What prompted bringing this up now?
I assume Temmu was catching up on past articles.

securitybreach

This new Inbox baloney is just another way for Google to snarf your data and focus ads at you.

They're not talking about the email provider Inbox.com. They're talking about Google's new Inbox app. I use Inbox.com, actually. Spooks have access to everything. So what?

I wonder if there's going to be some lawsuit activity by Inbox.com over Google's new thing.

Well it is technically https://inbox.google.com/

securitybreach

Nothing at all is private anymore so it doesn't matter what email provider, browser you use, operating system, isp, etc. Everything that is online is being scanned for keywords. I have always treated anything online as completely public and it turns out I was right. Whether it is email you sent, the picture you posted or that doc you synced to your online account, it is all being recorded. Privacy is an illusion, nothing more. Orwell had no clue as to how bad things would get. The novel 1984 is like a disney story compared to our present situation.

• Like 2

abarbarian

Well it is technically https://inbox.google.com/

Yer link takes me to the normal GMail sign in page ?? :fish:

securitybreach

You need an invite.. If you want one, just let me know

abarbarian

Ta for the offer. I just read a few articles on it and it seems like a nightmare. :breakfast:

securitybreach

Ta for the offer. I just read a few articles on it and it seems like a nightmare. :breakfast:

Actually, IMO, it is 150% better than gmail ever was and I have been using it since October. It is a litte different than gmail so it takes a little getting used to, but it is way better and more productive than gmail.

That and they are doing away with gmail and inbox is their future.

abarbarian

Glad you are happy. The screen shots I have seen look a real confusing mess. :breakfast:

securitybreach

Glad you are happy. The screen shots I have seen look a real confusing mess. :breakfast:

It would look that way if your used to gmail but trust me, it is much better. That and it is the replacement for gmail so it's just a matter of time.

Corrine

From the https://support.goog...te_request&rd=1 it appears it can only be set up first with Android or iPhone/iPad:

Here's how to start using Inbox after you receive your invitation email:

1. Download one of the mobile apps:

[*]Sign in to the mobile app using the account that was invited.

[*]After you've signed in on mobile, you can use Inbox on your computer. Go to inbox.google.com using Google Chrome.

• Like 1

securitybreach

From the https://support.goog...te_request&rd=1 it appears it can only be set up first with Android or iPhone/iPad:

That's not true

I didn't install the inbox app until after I used it for awhile on the desktop

I wonder why it says that.

Ah ok, you need chrome to start using it on the desktop. After you enable it, you can use it on any browser or device:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-inbox-review-breath-fresh-air/

securitybreach

I wonder why the google link you provided doesn't mention that part?

securitybreach

Ok, I was wrong.. I just invited one of my other accounts:

EPojGxh.png

securitybreach

I have 9 more invites if anyone needs/wants one.

Corrine

Don't have an Android or i-anything nor will I use Chrome so if Google switches completely to Inbox, I'll merely say good bye to that backup addy.

• Like 1

securitybreach

They will... I am surprised that you do not have a smartphone..

Corrine

I do have a smartphone. :)

Capt.Crow

That title shows that Googgllee really wants to put any alternative into oblivion .

securitybreach

???

I was referring to where you said, "They're not talking about the email provider Inbox.com. They're talking about Google's new Inbox app. I use Inbox.com, actually.".

I was pointing out that google's is inbox.google.com

I do have a smartphone. :)

Yeah, I guess you could call a window's phone a smartphone :hysterical: ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah. :)

LilBambi

Actually, IMO, it is 150% better than gmail ever was and I have been using it since October. It is a litte different than gmail so it takes a little getting used to, but it is way better and more productive than gmail.

That and they are doing away with gmail and inbox is their future.

Gawd I hate this. Google GMail was supposed to be here forever. This sucks. Can you still use your old GMail addresses with inbox.google.com?