Oh My. Microsoft at 40

Peachy

So, April 4 is Microsoft's 40th birthday. Perhaps it would be apropos to discuss how Microsoft seems to be slowly changing its corporate culture now that Satya Nadella is CEO. This interesting piece highlights some changes that would not have been considered if Ballmer was still in charge. e.g. Office on Android? Who knew? I didn't until about a month ago and then I went and installed it on every Android device I support at the college. Of course it's been available for iOS for over a year now. I'd really be impressed if they ported it to Linux.

Microsoft is not the same Microsoft that Bill Gates built and perhaps that's a good thing. I mean c'mon, they intend to have native Docker support in the next version of Windows Server and will be making Windows 10 available as a distro for the ARM-based Raspberry Pi.

The fact is, with all of the new technology being thrown at us every hour, or minute, could any of us have done any better back in those early days? As one person I really respect once said, "If you really hate Microsoft, either switch to Apple, Linux, OR WRITE YOUR OWN OPERATING SYSTEM!"

Acadia

"If you really hate Microsoft,

Don't hate Microsoft it is their despicable lies threats and bully boy tactics I have an issue with. :whistling: