ross549

150 SFNL Forum Credits are at stake!!!I need suggestions for a new avatar. I have had this one for a while, but it is not suiting me very well.Requirements:

• bright & cheerful
  • somber & reserved
  • light
  • dark
  • must be in a square
  • must follow all the above rules

The winner will be picked at my discretion. The winning avatar will be used by me for at least 3 hours, and could last up to 6 months, or maybe a year.Have fun! :'(

James M. Fisher

Could your requirements be any more at odds, I wonder? :'( My entries:shenose.gifilluminated.gifbighead.gifkidsm.gifoddfellow.gifWe get forum credits? :'(

Edited by James M. Fisher

Here you go incredible.jpg
Ohhhh.... I like that. Getting close but it needs to be a bit more ridiculous. :PJames, yes, they are at odds... that's the point! :'(

James M. Fisher

Ryan's looks too much like former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney:BMulroney.jpg...but then you wanted ridiculous! :'(

Ryan's looks too much like former Canadian PM Brian Mulroney:BMulroney.jpg...but then you wanted ridiculous!  :'(
Maybe that's a little too ridiculous.... :'(

PS - I have to say that I like the shark avatar!
I do too, but I think I have used it for 8 months or so..... time for a permanent change. :'(

They show up when I view this thread using Netscape James M. Fisher. What browser are you using? And firewall? Do you get any error msgs?No, I am not involved with "hazegray", my suggested avatars are non-biased. :'( The site just had some interesting naval related icons which I thought might appeal to ross549. I'm sure there are others out there.

SonicDragon
They show up when I view this thread using Netscape James M. Fisher. What browser are you using? And firewall? Do you get any error msgs?
Very strange. I'm in mozilla and i had to right click and select "view image" in order to see each picture.

Guest Paracelsus
Very strange. I'm in mozilla and i had to right click and select "view image" in order to see each picture.
Interesting, SD...The same thing happens in FireFox.At first it just shows "User Posted Image", and not even an "x" box like in IE.But they show fine after Right Click>Display Image. :'( :P

James M. Fisher
They show up when I view this thread using Netscape James M. Fisher.  What browser are you using?  And firewall?  Do you get any error msgs?
I have checked with IE6 on 2 different PCs and no images appear. Just the red X and "User posted image" message. No special browser settings regarding images. No firewall on the one PC.

SonicDragon
I have checked with IE6 on 2 different PCs and no images appear. Just the red X and "User posted image" message. No special browser settings regarding images. No firewall on the one PC.
Can you right click and hit show image or view image?

Guest Paracelsus
...and no images appear. Just the red X and "User posted image" message. No special browser settings regarding images.
That's what I get in IE6 also, James.Even Right Click and "Display Image" won't bring them up.

?????!!!!!!!I just refreshed my cache and now all I get is "user posted image" text, not even a X. Not even a link to the actual images. Not sure why maybe a mod changed the links?Sorry.At least ross549 got to see them and that's the important part. Most of them were on this webpage if anyone is still curious.NB Just tried this page in IE and it shows the red x in addition to the "user posted image" text but clicking on the X or text doesn't bring up the images. Very strange.Maybe the new board sw will resolve the problem.

siebkens, clear your browser cache then see if you get anything. I get text that is not clickable. (disclaimer: I'm running Firefox .8 not Mozilla).

Cleared the cache & navigated back to page 1 - I can still see all of the images using Mozilla. :huh:Used IE 6.0 & can see them too!

Cleared the cache & navigated back to page 1 - I can still see all of the images using Mozilla. :huh:Used IE 6.0 & can see them too!
Well if I cleared my cache again and now I see 3 of them with Netscape, but still none using IE.
but if you right click it anyway is there an option to view the image?
Yes but clicking on it doesn't bring it up either.Very weird! B) :P

Guest Paracelsus

Amazing, how a simple request to help Ross549 find a new Avatar turned into a Troubleshooting exercise in why Ed's linked images where acting strangely for some of us :( :P :D Perhaps it's time to put this thread back on track and help Ross549 in his quest?? :hmm:

Perhaps it's time to put this thread back on track and help Ross549 in his quest??
Who?? :huh: :D I agree.As a parting observation, the stupid icons were all gone again this morning in both Netscape and IE. But, even though they appeared only as text in Netscape, RIGHT clicking on the text gave me the option to View Image. For every icon that I tried that option the text was replaced with the actual icon/image. :huh: :D :hmm: How about this ross549? :P :( smalltink7.giforsmalltink1.gif? :P :lol: :lol: