• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• epp_b

• ibe98765

• ebrke

• georgeg4

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how someone can know so much information and be so quick to dredged it up! He must have a photographic memory and be a voracious reader.Alex alluded to a movie script being written about this phenomena. I don't see how it can be interesting. Now if he had some competition and still eked out one victory after another...

His memory must be like a 300 GB hard drive - he never has to delete anything to store more information. Everybody else has a 10 GB :P

SonicDragon
He's still alive! 20 games and close to $700,000.
Just saw that on the news today when i was eating lunch. Amazing.GO KEN!

Going back to the Art Fleming days,I don't think there have been but two or three contestants who could have had a run like this...astonishing...$697,000...Love & Peace,Clarence

It certainly does! 21 straight wins and $737,760 in winnings. It's so weird that very few challengers have been able to get to even half his total to stop final jeopardy from being a runaway. I think this is eventually how he will lose though. Someone will have more than half his $$, bet it all and Ken will get his answer wrong. Otherwise, this could turn into a permanent job for him! Sort of like Hollywood Squares... :thumbsup:

I was wondering last night if he was getting tired of it. He didn't even ring in on some questions I'd have sworn he would have known. His total knowledge is impressive, though, particularly geography.

I was wondering last night if he was getting tired of it.  He didn't even ring in on some questions I'd have sworn he would have known.  His total knowledge is impressive, though, particularly geography.
Yeah, he payed a sloppy game in #23. Total winnings now $755,360...

He's now won 25 straight games. That's 25! I'm certain that an x-ray will show he is an android!$788,960 total winnings. Closing in on that $1,000,000 mark!

I hope he can hang on that long. Imagine being able to say, "I won $1,000,000 on Jeopardy"--he's got party conversation for the rest of his life. :P

Last night was pretty unimpressive... I only caught the final jeopardy, but one person didn't even make the final, and the other one only had $400... Doesn't make much of a challenge.

Last night was pretty unimpressive...  I only caught the final jeopardy, but one person didn't even make the final, and the other one only had $400...  Doesn't make much of a challenge.
...and he lost final Jeopardy. Maybe they're trying to make the questions more difficult :lol:

SonicDragon
being able to say, "I won $1,000,000 on Jeopardy"--he's got party conversation for the rest of his life.
Yea, i hope he makes it to a million!

Last night was pretty unimpressive...  I only caught the final jeopardy, but one person didn't even make the final, and the other one only had $400...  Doesn't make much of a challenge.
There have been at least a few other times under Ken's reign when one person was forced out because they had zero or negative $$. Up until the last or two last evening, it looked like both of challengers might not make final jeopardy. I wonder if that has ever happened in the history of the show? What would happen? Would the final player get to bet and answer try to come up with the answer to the question? I think that if this happens, they should double the amount the final player has and give him an automatic pass...

littlebone

Given that these games took place a few months ago, I'm surprised news hasn't leaked about his downfall (unless he is still playing :D ).I'm sure that there are a lot of non-disclosure agreements involved, but surely his co-workers, neighbors et al. have noticed that Ken is home and I can't believe Jeopardy tracked them all down and had them sign NDAs. It's not that I really want to know, it's more fun to wonder if he will triumph again each day. Although sometimes it's well over halfway into double Jeopardy.This link is updated frequently, so it may not be very informative past 8 July 04:TVGameshows.netFrom the FAQ link at the above site:

Q: Does a long run for a contestant like Ken Jennings hurt or help a game show?A: That all depends on the audience's perceptions. Thom McKee was a ratings bonanza for Tic Tac Dough in 1980. When he went on that incredible nine-week run which spread over two seasons, Tic Tac Dough became the number one syndicated show and almost overcame the ratings of the top two shows at the time in syndication, Hee Haw and The Lawrence Welk Show. If you had a contestant with a horrible personality and temperament, it surely would not help. Beginning with Ken's third week on the show, ratings jumped 20 percent over the previous year on that date for Jeopardy!---indicative that publicity was beginning to kick in on his performance. I had said before his run started if the audience liked him, you would see the ratings spike start somewhere between shows 12 and 15 and that appears to be the case.

FuzzDuckie
I'm sure that there are a lot of non-disclosure agreements involved, but surely his co-workers, neighbors et al. have noticed that Ken is home and I can't believe Jeopardy tracked them all down and had them sign NDAs.
Who knows but in one of the shows, Ken mentioned that his boss knew where he was and kept trying to come up with reasons why he was not at work in order to keep it under wraps that he was going to be on Jeopardy.I've also wondered what would happen if two players ended in the red what would happen in final Jeopardy...I've not seen that happen. At least now I know what they do with $0.00 lol

It's not that I really want to know, it's more fun to wonder if he will triumph again each day.
Actually, it's getting kind of nerve-racking. Every time he answers incorrectly, I cringe and wonder if it's going to be his downfall. :D He's a likeable guy, and you find yourself rooting for him to continue.