Jeopardy!

It's already marked on my calendar!  I usually watch Jeopardy every night, but I have missed a lot of the repeats they've been running for the last couple of weeks.
Yeah, I haven't really been watching it lately much. They're re-runs. But they are college re-runs (easier questions, which means I can actually answer more than two per game :hmm:)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• epp_b

• ibe98765

• ebrke

• georgeg4

Top Posters In This Topic

emmu Posted on Aug 9 2004, 02:23 PM he he.when i used to watch, there'd be a game or two per season where i'd think to myself, gee, i could win at that... then there were the rest of them... laugh.gif
Heck i watched a couple of them i could win (maybe)Those were the ones with ten and 11 yr olds :(

• 4 weeks later...

Ken just squeaked in a win yesterday--lost a lot on wrong final jeopardy, but did win $10,000+. Missed final jeopardy again today, but won again anyway, not quite as close as yesterday. It seems to me that there have been some harder categories in the last 2 days, and also one of his opponents tonight was pretty good, so maybe it will be getting tougher for him.

Well, I gotta make sure to watch it tomorrow!  Thanks ebrke!
Umm, got a VCR or Tivo? B) Ken seems a bit rusty and appears to be getting a bit cocky. I hope fame and success doesn't go to his head like it does to so many others. Hubris can bring the about a fast downfall.When were the current shows taped?

Umm, got a VCR or Tivo? ;)
No. VCR's busted. It eats tapes for dinner B)
Ken seems a bit rusty and appears to be getting a bit cocky.  I hope fame and success doesn't go to his head like it does to so many others.  Hubris can bring the about a fast downfall.
Oh know! B) He was so...well, not this way for a long time. Well, I suppose fame & success will get to just about everyone's head at one point or another.

Do not read if you don't want to know the outcome!So he's mortal after all: Ken Jennings, arguably the most famous game show contestant since Charles Van Doren, ended his record run on "Jeopardy!" during a taping Wednesday.Jennings' loss was reported by TV Week, a respected industry trade publication, which said he ended his run with total winnings of "around $2.5 million in cash and prizes," or roughly double his total when "Jeopardy!" wrapped its season in July.The show tapes a couple of months in advance of airing, and the magazine reported that Jennings had lost his 75th game. Because the program's fall season began Monday, that means his final show will likely air the last week in October.A "Jeopardy!" spokesman did not return a call, but was quoted in TV Week saying that since the show's "inception, we have never disclosed whether a contestant has won or lost before a show aired."Since he started his streak in early June, the 30-year-old software engineer from Salt Lake City presented a pleasant dilemma for "Jeopardy:" His record run spiked ratings for a show that hadn't added viewers in years, but producers were also beginning to wonder whether he'd ever leave. That was a reasonable concern because Jennings - a master with the buzzer - seemed to know everything about, well, everything. This is suppose to be from newsday. http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/ny...-homepage-promo

Well, if this is accurate information, then he still has another 34 or so appearances to go and another 1.1 million in winnings to pick up.With a studio audience, it would be impossible to keep this a secret. It's not like Survivor or the Apprentice where the producer has some control over the contestants.

• 1 month later...

i have noticed , and i say this without malice , that they do give ken some slack and bend the rules just a little . i noticed the other day he added an extra sylable to the word contendre he prounanced it contendere and alex noticed it and okayed it allowing him a misprounciation and i have seen others add an s or an extra syllable and lose because of it . :D

I've noticed them giving a little slack. I couldn't say whether it's just Ken Jennings, though. Double Jeopardy is a little more strict than Single Jeopardy and Final Jeopardy doesn't kill people for misspellings.According the the NPR story his reign should end sometime in October, but there were a couple of "silly weeks" in there.Makes you think, how good is the guy who eventually beats him?

I get the feeling that Ken is getting bored. He is getting sloppy lately and not clicking in as fast as he always did. He's also running out of new ways to design his name. :D I'd wager that on the show he gets beaten, he will be a little sloppy, letting the person get more than half his total. Then the challenger will bet it all and get the final jeopardy answer right. Ken will get it wrong. And the rest will be history...

Martini Lover

It was slick the way they slipped in two weeks of shows without him in them to keep viewers on the string.I would argue about him being so smart. My wife knows everything, and she constantly tells me about it. :whistling:

• 1 month later...
I would argue about him being so smart. My wife knows everything, and she constantly tells me about it. sweatingbullets.gif
OUCHON THE COUCH WITH YOU

For the amount the U.S. Gov't takes from Lotto & Gaming winnings, he'll need it :P-------Has the thought of 75 games being a little too conicidential (75 is just a nice even...er, "tidy" number, dontcha think?) crossed anyone's mind? :P :P And unless he was really off his game that day, it almost seemed like he let some of the questions slide on purpose :whistling:

-------Has the thought of 75 games being a little too conicidential (75 is just a nice even...er, "tidy" number, dontcha think?) crossed anyone's mind? :lol: :w00t:  And unless he was really off his game that day, it almost seemed like he let some of the questions slide on purpose :w00tx100:
We thought of that....My dad said he thinks that Ken "just didn't care all that much by the time he got to around game 70 or so..." He botched two daily doubles BADLY then whiffed on a seeminlgy easy question.The woman who beat him (last name Zerg--Think Toy Story)....even though she lost today...she will always be remembered as the one who finally knocked Ken off his throne.

The woman who beat him (last name Zerg--Think Toy Story)
I thought she looked like a Vulcan :w00tx100:(looks like one, name sounds like one, and her clothing looked like proper Spock attire the first day :w00t: )
....even though she lost today...she will always be remembered as the one who finally knocked Ken off his throne.
Yup.

We thought of that....My dad said he thinks that Ken "just didn't care all that much by the time he got to around game 70 or so..."  He botched two daily doubles BADLY then whiffed on a seeminlgy easy question.The woman who beat him (last name Zerg--Think Toy Story)....even though she lost today...she will always be remembered as the one who finally knocked Ken off his throne.
How long do you think it will take before her name is used as the Final Jeopardy question?

I thought it might be the night he was going to loose when ABC announced before Jeopardy that Ken would be a guest on their morning news show the next day. I agree he seemed off his game that night, but I guess everyone has their bad days. At the beginning, I thought the man who never made it to Final Jeopardy that night was going to be the one to beat him!

• 5 months later...