phoenix bugs

Temmu

Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030601 Mozilla Firebird/0.6Just tried the 6/01/2003 build earlier this evening and it had much the same problem I had before with memory leaks. Opened it up and surfed around the web for a little while...within a short time my System and GDI resources are in the red. Close the browser and everything returns to normal.Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for future revisions.

I'm running the milestone build here at home and it's been fairly good with memory management.... Much better than the latest builds (5/27-6/01) have been. One other tip, if it seems like it's taking up a lot of memory, just minimize it for a minute or so. When minimized it drops the usage down to about 3k and resets all the memory leaks... makes it much more usable for people with less memory on their systems....P.S. The same goes for T-bird... it only uses about 3k when minimized! :unsure:

I'm running the milestone build here at home and it's been fairly good with memory management....  Much better than the latest builds (5/27-6/01) have been.  One other tip, if it seems like it's taking up a lot of memory, just minimize it for a minute or so.  When minimized it drops the usage down to about 3k and resets all the memory leaks...  makes it much more usable for people with less memory on their systems....
If by the milestone build you mean the one of 5/16/03 then I have to say that was the first version I tried. I tried the nightly build of 6/01 only because of the problems I was having.I'll have to give that minimization method a try...thanks for the suggestion.

You also might try the 5/23 build if it's still giving you fits... Forum voted it the most stable build since the milestone....

I'm running the milestone build here at home and it's been fairly good with memory management....  Much better than the latest builds (5/27-6/01) have been.  One other tip, if it seems like it's taking up a lot of memory, just minimize it for a minute or so.  When minimized it drops the usage down to about 3k and resets all the memory leaks...  makes it much more usable for people with less memory on their systems....P.S.  The same goes for T-bird...  it only uses about 3k when minimized! :D
Ryan,Also running the milestone (exclusively), and have not noticed any problem...however, I will remember your tip, thanks. ;) One problem I did have, is when I had "mouse gestures" enabled: any time I wanted to copy/paste/send, it would keep on sending the page forward or backward, when I clicked on add message (or anything to that effect; annoyed me greatly, so I just disabled it. Is this a "bug" or something to live with. Had not noticed this in version 0.5. B) ;) Thanks,

Thanks for the info ajw! Just downloaded the new nightly (had been running the 5/25 build until they fixed the backspace issue)...I think they'll get it entirely figured out by the time this reaches full version ;)

You also might try the 5/23 build if it's still giving you fits...  Forum voted it the most stable build since the milestone....
I gave that one a try and I have to admit it did a better job...not perfect but a definite improvement. Thanks for the suggestion. :)