Still Some Buggies

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

- No pull-down for the alerts from "liked" posts at the top right. Clicking opens a whole new page with the liked posts instead.

- No pull-down to change "status" when clicking on login name at top right.

- No pop-up menu when clicking the "Mark Community as Read" link at the bottom of the page. It just clears all unread automatically when you click it.

Please post any buggies you are experiencing. Bug hunt! Bug hunt! Get out your swatters and bug spray!

OK... some more.

- Change Theme link at bottom left on main page no longer working.

- Cannot click on paint brush to use custom colors.

V.T. Eric Layton

More...

- There is no WYSIWYG editor for rich text posting.

---

This isn't nagging. I'm just posting the things I'm finding so you guys can get it squared away when you get a chance. I'm just happy to have an avatar again. I felt so... gray and shadow-like without one.

More...

- Cannot click to see the comments on status updates. :(

Guest LilBambi

Yep. All true.

Most anything in the dropdown or hover area are not working.

For now though, please be happy that the forums are back and working, even if not everything is working as we are used to just yet.

Cluttermagnet

<p>OMG- I sure hope this was a big step forward in terms of security. IMO it is a huge

step backwards, stylistically. Sorry, guys, but I hate what I'm seeing. I'll get

used to it, I suppose...

It's so, ah, 'left-justified'. Sorry, this just looks horrible IMO...

No, waidaminnit- it just spontaneously 'fixed itself' on my machine, making me look and sound the fool. What's going on with this website software?

The editor seems all screwed up, real pain to use, behavior totally changed... Makes me feel like I'm editing in some sort of advanced html...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Screenshot_zps35d57d74.png

This is what I was greeted with, for the first several pages I tried on Scots.

P.S. I now officially hate Photobucket. Any suggestions for a free photo-sharing servicethat doesn't disrespect you? Their site has just crosseda threshold with me, is now 'unusable' to me...

OMG this editor on Scots is soooooo broken. I basically can't workwith this, bbl...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

I use,

http://atpic.com/

which was pretty good but a tad fiddly to use.They are redoing the software for the site and it is not quite up to speed yet but is usable.As it is still in beta do not judge it as it stands as it will get better.

Here is a link to one of my gallerys

http://eestikodu.atpic.com/gallery/33005/pic

an another one, click on the "pic" at the bottom to get to the pictures,

http://eestikodu.atpic.com/gallery/33820

:fish:

Well I'm currently having no problems at all. Notifications and messages produce a drop-down like before, and I can view/add comments to the Status Updates section. All seems normal.

V.T. Eric Layton

I can +1 your comment about hating Photobucket. I've hated them for a couple years now. They totally destroyed their interface and made the site nearly worthless for me. At Josh's suggestion, I started using Imgur a couple years back. :)

• Like 1

Cluttermagnet

<p>

Awesome! What browser are you using and what OS?

I assume that comment was to Elizabeth?Anyway, I am seeing what I would describe as severe problems with the editor when I creator especially when I edit a post. It's pretty awful. Gives me some sort of hybrid htmlstuff which I haven't seen before. Wants me to compose in this html- like language. Tendsto run-on a lot of words because I am missing multiple line feeds and paragraph symbols etc.- which the editor apparently now expects me to compose with, Fran. I mean, this thingis just awfully messed up...<p>Oh and BTW I am seeing this on multiple hardware platforms but always in a late model FF browser and in LM17 Mate...<p>

HELP!<p>Much worse and I'd be calling it unusable, it's really, really bad as I experience it!

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Thanks, Eric. Can I assume, then, that everyone is seeing what I am? Just one problem

I face is the addition of some sort of quasi-html code which I am unfamiliar with.

I would have to learn this stuff. Fortunately, I do know how to write in html, raw

html, which I have been doing since my first effort at a website back in about 1999.

What the heck sort of character is:

< br /> 

???

I have never encountered this before. But then I learned html4 and I'm sure the state

of the art has advanced well beyond that...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Can I assume, then, that everyone is seeing what I am?
No you can't assume that.

No problems on the two computers I'm using. I have not had any issues that are being reported the past few days.

I suspect the people having problems are using linux. I'm using Win 7 on my two main computers (a desktop and netbook).

Edited by zlim

Can I assume, then, that everyone is seeing what I am?
No you can't assume that.

No problems on the two computers I'm using. I have not had any issues that are being reported the past few days.

I suspect the people having problems are using linux. I'm using Win 7 on my two main computers (a desktop and netbook).

I'm using win 7 on mother's laptop and having the same issues as Clutter and as I also have on my own laptop running openSuSE. The quirks are ongoing, no matter what OS you're on. Things were fine for me on linux a couple of days ago, then inexplicably deteriorated again.

EDIT: However, on my ancient Dell tower, also running openSuSE 13.1 like my laptop, things are perfectly normal. The installs on both pieces of hardware are nearly identical and are both using FF from SuSE's repository. It's a mystery. :'(

Edited by ebrke

I just opened a new topic on BATL and I received a popup with an error message

I was able to open a new topic without error, but I didn't try and post it. I'm telling you, gremlins are loose in SNLF. :th_run-around-smiley: :th_run-around-smiley:
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

What has me wondering is that there are no comments, complaints, or anything via Google search relating to these buggy Invision Power Board issues. There's also not a peep of anything going on at the IPB Support Forums about any bugs or issues. This is leading me to believe that we have a corrupted installation and/or corrupted SQL database here at Scot's. Could be a bit of a bear for Scot/Fran to troubleshoot and repair. :(

• Like 1

Okay, now that I have been at the forums several times today on ancient Dell tower, SNFL no longer performs normally as I posted earlier. I now have no drop-downs, no ability to comment on status updates, etc. Yet several hours ago, there were no issues on this machine. I've cleared cache, deleted cookies, etc. Very strange.

Edited by ebrke

Cluttermagnet

I have been using imgur for many years now without an issue. https://imgur.com/

Imgur is pretty much the largest hosting site on the internet.

Thanks, Josh- I just got around to registering on imgur. Looks pretty good so far...

• Like 2

Cluttermagnet

<p>Looks pretty good, actually. I like the "...no adverts." I'll give that one

a try also- thanks!

I use,

http://atpic.com/

which was pretty good but a tad fiddly to use.They are redoing the software for the site and it is not quite up to speed yet but is usable.As it is still in beta do not judge it as it stands as it will get better.

Here is a link to one of my gallerys

http://eestikodu.atp...llery/33005/pic

an another one, click on the "pic" at the bottom to get to the pictures,

http://eestikodu.atp...m/gallery/33820

:fish:

Cluttermagnet

I'm seeing no way to insert photos, smilies, etc. Am I missing anything obvious?

I sure liked the old editor- it was efficient and powerful, had a lot of good features...

securitybreach

I'm seeing no way to insert photos, smilies, etc. Am I missing anything obvious?

I sure liked the old editor- it was efficient and powerful, had a lot of good features...

If you know the code to make smiley's and such, they work just fine :) B)