T-Mobile first carrier to offer data rollover

securitybreach

securitybreach

This awesome news. I do not use all my data because I am always on wifi, so I will quickly accumulate lots of data.

T-Mobile will soon let customers roll over their unused 4G LTE cellular data from one month to the next, for up to a year.

Starting Jan. 1, the carrier’s new Data Stash initiative will allow select users to carry over any remaining LTE data they have at the end of each month to the next month, creating a “stash” of data. So if you have a 3 GB Simple Choice Plan, for example, then as soon as you run through your 3 GB of data, you’ll start tapping into your stash of carried-over data.

Previously, when you ran out of data for the month, T-Mobile would automatically lower your connection speeds down to 3G.

https://www.yahoo.co...5307553349.html

FHK6nfl.jpg

securitybreach

the onscreen blurb is misleading. they may be the first for smartphone plans but definitely not for all data plans.

What other wireless carrier (telecom) has done this?

securitybreach

ATT does not offer data rollover but they used to have rollover minutes/texts. Metro also doesn't as they do not have a data cap at all.

securitybreach

Plus Metro PCS only gives you 500mb at 4G and the rest is lowered to 3G speeds. Tmobile has been offering unlimited 3G for years after you go through your data plan.

I would much rather pay $50 for Tmobile with 2gb of 4G data and unlimited 3G data instead of Metros' 500mb of 4G data/3G unllimited for the same price.

ATT does not offer data rollover but they used to have rollover minutes/texts. Metro also doesn't as they do not have a data cap at all.

excuse me? i have the AT&T and it does rollover the data as well. In fact , the plan does not separate the calls from the data. So the blurb was incorrect, they should have inserted 'smartphone' which may have made it correct.

securitybreach

Also, the whole thing is about cellular data not home DSL.

Right now, T-Mobile is the only phone carrier to offer this but I imagine ATT and Verizon will follow suite soon enough.

http://betanews.com/...one-data-plans/

http://gizmodo.com/5...-rollover-bytes

Can you show me where they say that as people have been complaining about it for years on ATT.

Also, every plan has a certain amount of data including ATT. (I used them for years until last year).

Why are you arguing with me when I'm telling you that my current plan rolls over everything from quarter to quarter? do you think i don't understand my own billing plan that i pay for? and i'm not talking about DSL, just regular cell phone.

securitybreach

I wasn't trying to argue man but ATT customers have been asking for this for many years including myself so I was curious as to how you managed to get it when everyone else cannot.

This has also been in the news a lot lately since T-Mobile started doing this and I do not mean just articles about T-Mobile but ATT customers asking for this.

Unless you have some old, grandfathered plan; I am not for sure how you are getting this when others cannot. I was an att cellular customer from 2008 to 2013. Even though I didn't use half of my data, it never rolled over. The talk and text did but never the data.