Forum Main Page Not Rendering Properly

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I am deeply indebted to all of you who were able to confirm this bug for me. I was beginning to think I was mosing my lind. :teehee:

• Like 1

Eric and I both lost our avatars in trying to change them. Posted in another thread that we both just get "Failed to set new photo" error and our profiles revert to generic avatars. Both of us have changed in the past with no issues. Clearing cookies, etc., doesn't help. Maybe part of the general quirkiness?

Also, as I posted above, Notifications now open full page for me instead of a drop-down list and even after you view the notification it still shows as active (bold). If you click Notifications while on the full-page Notification list, it opens the standard drop-down list and the new Notification indicator is turned off.

Edited by ebrke
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

There seem to be more than just one problem happening here. There are two or three general bugaboos affecting some of us all of a sudden... the past couple days.

• Like 1

Wow, now that looks ugly, It's like some awful poor 2000 era alpha testing of a beginner's web programming design? It's been so long, I thought I landed at the wrong place. Are the links to the CSS files in place for the "front page" gone missing, or corrupt? Firefox 34.0.5 on Win 7 Pro

Edited by pc-tecky
  • Like 1

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com IS the index page. It's not rendering properly. Something is up here. :(

I'm going out to my shop in a few minutes. I'll check it on the system out there.

Eric, I'm seeing the same thing as your example screen shot when I click on your link above running WIN7 Pro 64bit and IE10. However when I click on the link for SNL that I have in my menu bar http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showforum=4 it takes me to the ATW page in the normal/correct view. HTH.

• Like 1

securitybreach

BTW what you see is the LoFi version that can happen when the forums are hit with massive amounts of traffic.

We are tying to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Eric, I'm seeing the same thing as your example screen shot when I click on your link above running WIN7 Pro 64bit and IE10. However when I click on the link for SNL that I have in my menu bar http://forums.scotsn...php?showforum=4 it takes me to the ATW page in the normal/correct view. HTH.

Yes. That's a different page altogether, Mac. As you know, a website is kinda' like a comic book story board. It's a series of many different pages that you can access via the links on the server for those particular pages.

Unfortunately, some have become corrupted in some way here at Scot's while others are still rendering fine.

I'm sure Scot or Fran will get it squared away eventually. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

personally, i think it is eric...

I think it's North Korean hackers doing the bidding of One Hung Low... or whatever that midget megalomaniac's name is.

I keep finding more and more things that are not working quite right--Add/Show Comments under Recent Status Updates isn't working now. This and the Notifications problem I posted about earlier occur on the page that does render correctly.

• Like 1

securitybreach

I highly doubt Scot is running this from home as it has been up for well over a decade. This is either an attack of some sorts (although nothing in the logs) or a bug. There is no reason for everyone to think this place is ever going anywhere anytime soon. Just calm down as we will figure out this issue.

Thanks

• Like 1

Posted Today, 10:29 PMView Postsecuritybreach, on 17 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:[...] There is no reason for everyone to think this place is ever going anywhere anytime soon. [...]

???

This was a response to another thread someone made acting like this place was dying because of a simple issue.

heh,heh. no , i was questioning sentence grammar and also trying to figure out if there was a double or triple negative.

and btw: that was me with the doomsday.

securitybreach

heh,heh. no , i was questioning sentence grammar and also trying to figure out if there was a double or triple negative.

and btw: that was me with the doomsday.

Ah... Actually it wasn't but either way :)

V.T. Eric Layton

No progress on a fix for this? Can we have some updates? Is anything being done about it at all? Just curious...

securitybreach

Looked at the files and they look right. Have to look elsewhere.

Will work on this as my mind clears after the death of my husband.

I know and that is why I have been patient as yourself and Scot are the ones who upkeep the server software and such. I know that Scot is usually busy with his job and we lost a dear friend here lately, so I have been patient with the problems of late. I hope that everyone understands the delayed fix.

Thanks for understanding all :)

• Like 1

Absolutely. Also, I hope my earlier posts weren't misinterpreted--my posts about various issues was intended to be informational. The more info about the problem, the better.