Forum Main Page Not Rendering Properly

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh I didn't take it that way Eric. I knew you were just letting us know and not complaining.

I'm Elizabeth. With the gray man avatars I know it's hard to tell us apart. :whistling:
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Looked at the files and they look right. Have to look elsewhere.

Will work on this as my mind clears after the death of my husband.

I didn't realize you were the one handling this, Fran. Don't worry about it. Take care of your own personal business first and foremost.

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

All fixed. Scot's suggestion that he thought it might be something to do with the host was spot on. After Scot talked to them about adding more space, all worked well again. I was able to upload all the Nov 2014 and Dec 2014 patches successfully and all is well again.

Thank you, Scot!!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks to Fran and Scot for fixing my favorite forum!!! Yesterday morning I was getting this: Fatal error: Class 'IPSMember' not found in /home/phineas/domains/scotsnewsletter.com/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 3925

Merry Christmas to all!

Guest LilBambi

Thanks Mac. All we did was:

Scot expanded the hosting space so I could successfully install Nov 2014 and Dec 2014 patches.

Once the patches were in place and working, the issues we now see with the missing hover, dropdown, and editor BBCode boxes became evident.

It did fix the fatal error that occurred when I tried to install the patches and the server was too close on space. Scot fixed that issue, and I was able to apply the security patches, and now the forums are again available.

Thanks for noting that mac.

In an effort to fix the problem from within our software here, I have removed and reinstalled our skin, tried reverting to ip.board default theme, and no matter what I do, hover, dropdown and editor BBCode items do not come back.

I hope that whatever broke them will be fixed by IP.Board/Invision Power Board as they can. If these were disabled because of security issues (since they were security patches, I would imagine so), I hope IP.Board/Invision Power Board will come up with fixes that will give us both security and the the features we love.

I have done all I can for now.

I am sorry if some folks are unhappy. Security trumps features in this case.

We will have to wait on IP.Board/Invision Power Board.