Cannot Change Photo In Profile

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... we'll have to see what Fran can make of this when she gets some spare time. There's no hurry. I can stay as the gray man for a while, I s'pose.

I was able to change my system specs. I read the error closer and it was complaining because website url started with http://

Since I don't have a website, I never completed that. I removed what was there and got no complaints.

Do you get any error when you attempt to change your picture? If so, look over all the entries in settings and if something is incomplete, remove it and see if the change will go through.

I also lost my picture trying to upload it. Error just says "Failed to set a new photo". Removing http from otherwise empty website entry did not make a difference.

Edited by ebrke

V.T. Eric Layton

I also lost my picture trying to upload it. Error just says "Failed to set a new photo". Removing http from otherwise empty website entry did not make a difference.

That's what I get, too. We are now brother/sister in anonymity, I guess. Maybe others will join our new movement. ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Eric, you have been doing so many times on this software. I would try another browser as nothing has changed here.

Tried FF, Chromium, and Opera. All the same error notice. :(

Elizabeth and Eric, are you both using Linux when you try and change your picture?

Yes, of course. ;)

I can't upload anything from my computer or from a URL. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

WAAAAAA! I want to be able to change my avatar!!!

I wonder if the corrupted rendering of the forums.scotsnewsletter.com main page that I'm experiencing is related?

V.T. Eric Layton

OK, same issues with trying to upload or add URL for new avatar happening on my main system, my shop system, and both my laptops. I have not tried from MS Win 7 yet. I'll do that latter just to see...

This and the corrupted main page are telling me that this is possible a board issue, especially since Elizabeth is experiencing this also. I would invite someone else here to try to change their avatar photo, but be forewarned.... you may end up as a gray man. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

That's kinda' what started all this for me. I was trying to change from my mourning avatar (for JL) to my Christmas one when I became a gray man. :(

Mourning

self-p_mourn.jpg

Christmas

s-p_holidays-new.png

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Keep in mind Eric that I'm using the paid version of Scot's while you're using the free version. :D

There's a paid version?

5WYH9ZP.jpg

ARRRRRRGH! I've been pinkofied!