wow, sleep walking is real

crp

It happened to me!

This past Wednesday morning I 1) drove to a store and across 2 bridges during rush hour and

2) then after an appointment drove back over a bridge to work.

No recollection of the appointment at all , in fact when I got home that night I thought i had missed it and called up to ask why they didn't contact me and they told me I had been there :)

What is neat (or scary) is that the first part was not in any way part of my daily routine, in fact one of the bridges i hardly use that time of the day and was the first time i took that route to the appointment.

And I remember none of it, not the shopping, not the appointment and not the first half hour of being at work.

Amazing.

[jic you are wondering: yes, i did talk to my doctor about this. pretty sure i'm ok :) ]

There is a prescription drug (Ambien?) sleeping pill that specifically warns about sleepwalking as a side effect. If you're taking something like that I'd discontinue it immediately and check with a doctor.

You may want to look into melatonin, a natural body clock regulator. It's not, as some people think, a sleeping pill. If you take it at the same time every night just before bed it will regulate your sleep patterns.

• Like 2

securitybreach

There is a prescription drug (Ambien?) sleeping pill that specifically warns about sleepwalking as a side effect. If you're taking something like that I'd discontinue it immediately and check with a doctor.

My mom had that happen actually. Luckily the cop who pulled her over knew her as she was driving on the wrong side of the highway in the middle of the night and had no recollection of even getting into the car.

• Like 1

Nope, no drugs involved. actually just the opposite, i was drinking less beer than usual.

doctor thinks combo of sleep deprivation and unusual stress.

but if it happens again ...

If I had am experience like that, my first thought would not be about sleep walking, but about short term memory loss.

I'd ask my doctor about the possibility of Alzheimer's.

I'd get checked for a concussion (that I might not remember getting).

I'd stop drinking.

I'd start "Goggling" for other possibilities.

etc....

• Like 1

okay an update:

Monday and Tuesday I got very little sleep. happens sometimes. However, I was also off my usual schedule and doing things not in my routine , including taking some of my meds and vitamins way before the sun was out. This weekend I was doing cleanup & straighten up and something was not where it was supposed to be.

Chances are somewhat excellent that even though the container, pill and label are quite different , I took a prescription sleeping pill by mistake.

I'm going to tape the lid shut so that next time it has a better chance of registering if I somehow try to do this again, if in fact i did so on Wednesday morning.

So I may have *really* been sleepwalking. Now I consider myself fortunate that i did not crash.