Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today

crp

• 2 weeks later...

Mars: First of three missions to reach the Red Planet (today)yesterday- here's what you need to know

skynews-uae-amal-space-mars_5038242.jpg?

Sarah Amiri, deputy project manager of the mission, announcing it

The agency's probe will monitor the Martian weather system, as well as the distribution of hydrogen and oxygen in the upper portions of Mars' atmosphere - enabling humanity to understand the link between weather change and atmospheric loss.

"Using three scientific instruments on board of the spacecraft, EMM will provide a set of measurements fundamental to an improved understanding of circulation and weather in the Martian lower and middle atmosphere," according to the Emirati space agency.

"Combining such data with the monitoring of the upper layers of the atmosphere, EMM measurements will reveal the mechanisms behind the upward transport of energy and particles, and the subsequent escape of atmospheric particles from the gravity of Mars."

😎

• +1 1

Here in the US dorito chips are served before a meal usually/mostly at Mexican restaurants. With a variety of chip dip. I get full before my order comes so I have to refrain from eating too many. But just the same Prawn crackers look good otherwise they wouldn't serve them right? 🙃

1 hour ago, sunrat said:

Prawn crackers are served in Australia as a complimentary snack at many Asian restaurants before you place your order.

Served before a meal here in the UK but you have to pay for them.

Making them at home is the best magic trick ever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ssherjj said:

But just the same Prawn crackers look good otherwise they wouldn't serve them right?

They are fab, they crunch as you bite them then they sort of melt in your mouth.😋

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

14 Films That Secured Jane Fonda’s Icon Status

The history of Jane Fonda’s career is a history of modern Hollywood. The 83-year-old actor, born in New York to movie star Henry Fonda and socialite Frances Ford Seymour, made her screen debut in 1960, at a time when the industry was drifting away from the well-worn formulas of the golden age and towards a more daring and experimental future. She transitioned effortlessly from frothy romantic comedies to gritty crime thrillers and psychological dramas, and then continued working for the next six decades, while also establishing herself as a political and environmental activist.

Ahead of the 2021 Golden Globes, where Fonda is set to receive the Cecil B DeMille Award for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment, we revisit her best performances to date.

😍

Viewers wowed by Ben Fogle’s ‘brave’ Inside Chernobyl documentary

Stunning HBO drama Chernobyl has triggered a fascination in the horrendous nuclear disaster that claimed so many lives in the Soviet Union in 1986.

So it’s no surprise that Channel 5 commissioned a documentary telling the true story of the catastrophe, and sending Ben Fogle into the power plant where ‘the biggest mistake in human history’ took place.

But many viewers were still shocked by the risks the presenter took in tonight’s documentary, Inside Chernobyl.

Excellent way to spend an hour. Nearly as good as playing Stalker 🤣

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm...

Yet another Chernobyl documentary, eh? I've seen many. I'll watch this one, too, once I find it streaming somewhere. EDIT: AH! I see that the link above is the documentary. COOL. Tomorrow is supposed to be a gray and rainy day. It'll be perfect for viewing this video.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, amenditman said:

enter image description here

Hallelujah brother. I had a nice personal chat with my local MP (Labor Party) on Saturday at a "meet me in the local shopping centre" occasion. My main agenda was to discuss the crazy Australian vaping regulations but it got round to the "follow the money" area and she totally agreed with me (she brought it up) but I could read between her lines that she wasn't going to take a strong stance on it.

She's an ex-nurse and was head of the nurses association. She agreed with me that vaping may be good for ex-smokers but was fearing of kids taking it up instead of smoking. Studies I've read show this to be a small percentage and kids still take up smoking instead anyway. I'm amazed how many schoolkids I see smoking on their way home from school and in school uniform!

My despair grows ever greater over time about how "the system" treats us common plebs.

• +1 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pro pack 10 stickers £1 + free shipping

Get all the essentials in our Pro pack