crp

how about posts of not funny but very offbeat interesting

The web is not the FULL INTERNET! 

LYNX-DEV new to LYNX Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:06:45 -0700 Will I be able to browse the FULL INTERNET using LYNX? I am using LYNX at my job, and the computer does not have window! The web is not the FULL INTERNET! Web browsers (such as Lynx, Mosaic, Netscape and MSIE) only access the web, ftp, and gopher. These are only a few of the services and protocols supported by the Internet. There is no such thing as "browsing" the "full Internet." Indeed, the phrase "full Internet" is meaningless. As to your implicit question: Will you be able to browse all public web sites using Lynx? ... the answer is no.

Was surfin an stumbled across this gem. The rest of the mini article is a hoot an worth a read. Reading the rest of the edition of the Linux Gazette made me realise how the pc world has changed over the years. There is a mini article/question regarding buying and building a pc which is a real eye opener for someone who thought things were tough when he started pc'ing back in 2004.

😎

• Like 1

Not really sure where to put this , so,

Police to sell hacker's $1.1 million Bitcoin stash to compensate victimsHacker told to give up bitcoins or face four more years in prison.

London police said the list of victims included some high profile names such as Uber, Groupon, T Mobile, Just Eat, Asda, and Sainsburys; but also the likes of Ladbrokes, Argos, Nectar, AO.com, Coral Betting, Vitality, RS Feva Class Association 2017, the British Cardiovascular Society, Mighty Deals Limited, and M R Porter.

West didn't want to give up his Bitcoin

West did all of this using his girlfriend's laptop. After his arrest, UK police said they found "fullz" (a term short for "full credentials" and used to describe email, username, and password combos) for more than 100,000 people on this laptop.

They also found an SD card storing 78 million individual usernames and passwords, as well as 63,000 credit and debit card details.

Blimey an he did all that with a laptop based in a trailer park :w00tx100:

17 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

Blimey an he did all that with a laptop based in a trailer park :w00tx100:

There is hope for us little people still.

He also sold cannabis, along with hacking tutorials.

Multi-talented as well! :D

Epic drone chase of the ride HELIX at Liseberg in Gothenburg, Sweden.

That's some unbelievably amazing drone flying!

• Like 1