Interesting Stuff You Saw on the I-net Today

crp

In defence of tv.

This is a most extraordinary show that is airing on my Talk Talk TV box at the moment.

The Curse of Oak Island

To avoid adverts I record the shows and when playing back I skip the adverts. I never have trouble deciding what to watch as I set the box up to record whole series's and then watch at my leisure.

:breakfast:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Latvian company accomplishes a worlds first parachute jump from a drone. :thumbsup:

We did it! We have accomplished the World’s first human flight with the drone and jump at high altitude. On May 12, our 28-propeller Aerones's drone has lifted a skydiver Ingus Augstkalns at a height of 330 metres, from where he accomplished the planned jump and landing with the parachute
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latvian company accomplishes a worlds first parachute jump from a drone. :thumbsup:

We did it! We have accomplished the World’s first human flight with the drone and jump at high altitude. On May 12, our 28-propeller Aerones's drone has lifted a skydiver Ingus Augstkalns at a height of 330 metres, from where he accomplished the planned jump and landing with the parachute

Latvians blimey they are mad as the Estonians. :yes:

Casa Vicens the first house designed by Antoni Gaudí, can be visited for the first time after remaining a private residence for more than 130 years. It is the last World Heritage Site building to open to the public in the city of Barcelona, and it will officially open in the autumn of 2017.

JdCe11l.jpg

The First House Gaudi Ever Designed Just Opened to the Public After 130 Years

He certainly created some out of the normal buildings and 130 years later he is still influencing the architectural world.

When Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí (25 June 1852 – 10 June 1926) graduated from the Barcelona Architecture School in 1878, the director of the school Elies Rogent reportedly declared: "Gentlemen, we are here today either in the presence of a genius or a madman!" [1] Well over a century later, this tension is still evident in Gaudí's work; though he is widely regarded as a genius architect, his distinctive style stands as a singularity in architectural history - simultaneously awe-inspiring and bizarre, never fitting into any stylistic movement, and never adapted or emulated, except by those still working to complete his magnum opus, Barcelona's famous Sagrada Família.

Spotlight: Antoni Gaudí

:breakfast:

• Like 1

Casa Vicens the first house designed by Antoni Gaudí, can be visited for the first time after remaining a private residence for more than 130 years. It is the last World Heritage Site building to open to the public in the city of Barcelona, and it will officially open in the autumn of 2017.

oh, a cheesecake house. There is one in my neighborhood.

That was pretty interesting.

I recon the toe was made to give the user stabilty. As yer big toe is very important for maintaining balance when on your feet. :breakfast:

The Penguin Bomb

Rise Penguin

The perfect gifts for your linux user chums. :Laughing:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Or maybe someone just missed their big toe and wanted to see one when they looked down. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...