UBB Coding Issues

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I've noticed recently, that whenever I post something using UBB codes like ] or [code , the board seems to want to automatically add a font size modifier to everything... [/size ], etc.

See THIS post.

Why is this happening?

securitybreach

Yeah it has been that way for quite a while especially if you are copying text from another site. I just tend to highlight it all and press the eraser button(remove formatting) if I paste something.

V.T. Eric Layton

I wonder if that has anything to do with why I can't see the embedded vids here? Both started happening about the same time. :(

securitybreach

Same here. I can see videos from vimeo or others but not youtube videos. Granted I can see the embedded youtube videos on other sites but not here.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well. Hmm... is there some way we can find out what's causing this? Is there a support forum for IPB or something? Someone we could ask? I'm sure Scot has some support options since he is a paying customer of IPB, right?

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... a lot of passing of the buck going on at IPBoard community...

"It's a board software problem?"

"No. It's not. It's a Chrome rendering issue."

Et cetera...

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/problem-with-embedded-content-displaying-as-links-after-upgrade-again-r42395#commentsStart

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/media-embeds-dont-work-correctly-in-chrome-r42582

:ShrugSmileySnagGB: