Got me a kitty v.2

securitybreach

Soon as I find the camera and can get the cat to sit still long enough for a pic. (I've got no data plan with my cell phone, so can't upload from that source.)

onelife_zps8zaxfiuz.jpg

Oates is now nearly 2. He's gone from an all out 140 MPH kitten to an adult. He still has boundless energy but he channels it a bit better.

He's a real ladies man - adores my wife and daughter and Maria's friend who looks after him if we are away. He and I get along OK but his preference is definitely for the ladies. A handsome fellow and a real good companion.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Well my camera seems to have given up the ghost, but here's a pic I took during the summer when Traveler was still just passing through my yard and would stop to look at the birds. Now he's still looking at them, but from inside.

mEinLX3.jpg

• Like 3

I just went back and read my first post about the cat and there are a couple of edits to make. First, Traveler is a male, not a female. I didn't get a good look at the relevant area for a few days, but he's definitely a neutered male (confirmed by the vet). He was originally adopted from a well-known shelter quite near me by someone saying they were from a town over 100 miles away in another state. This all came to light when the vet found he had a microchip. The phone number the chip company had for the supposed owner was not in service and the company had never been notified that the cat was lost. The shelter had no better information. Long story short, the chip finally was reassigned to me and he's officially mine. I wasn't going to give back to anyone anyway!

• Like 2

Watch out because for sure he has a good few mates who will want to move in too .

I started with Greycoat who multiplied exponentially . Now we have Waistcoat ,Sammy and Tux as well. While Greycoat is still wild he is my pal . Of the others Tux is always somewhere near me when I am in the garden . Waistcoat lets me stroke him during mealtimes only . Sammy takes his wary lead from the others and takes strips of ham and chicken from my outstretched fingers .

It's a joy to see the way they all follow my son around even outside mealtimes . I wonder how many will be coming to the door this time next year for treats and staple .

• Like 2

Now we have Waistcoat ,Sammy and Tux as well. While Greycoat is still wild he is my pal . Of the others Tux is always somewhere near me when I am in the garden . Waistcoat lets me stroke him during mealtimes only . Sammy takes his wary lead from the others and takes strips of ham and chicken from my outstretched fingers .

Your accomplishments with your cats are greater, I think. Traveler obviously wasn't feral, or even very long without a home--his trust of people and good disposition make me pretty sure of that. Your group is certainly wilder, and getting them to trust you even a little must have taken a lot of patience and kindness.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

In the United States, cats are the most popular house pet, with 90 million domesticated cats slinking around 34 percent of U.S. homes.

A Brief History of House Cats

The ancient Egyptian reverence for cats is well-known—and well-documented in the archaeological record: scientists found a cat cemetery in Beni-Hassan brimming with 300,000 cat mummies.

😁

• Like 2
  • +1 1