Got me a kitty v.2

securitybreach

Can you make him a fort in the tree or is that not permitted. Something on legs off the ground would have to do if not. With a comfy cushion with washable covers. Had not realised that you could not have him indoors, that is tough. :breakfast:

securitybreach

Can you make him a fort in the tree or is that not permitted. Something on legs off the ground would have to do if not. With a comfy cushion with washable covers. Had not realised that you could not have him indoors, that is tough. :breakfast:

That's the plan. It will be screwed in so it can be undone if needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

Reposted from G+:

Poor Anubis had his balls removed today (I thought it was a snip like humans but no, they remove them) and got his shots. My little buddy is tired from surgery. My cousin picked him up around 3pm and I got home around five. He isn't messed up from drugs but I can tell he isn't moving as fast. That said, he was overly loving when I got home so I know he was glad to see me after his ordeal.

ZOc21nG.jpg btY5ZiC.jpg

• Like 3

Well unless intended for a breeding tom ,That's the kindest thing you may ever do for him . He will have a longer , more relaxed and less phrenetic lifestyle. Now he will really start to rule the roost :hysterical:

• Like 2

securitybreach

He is a sweet looker. Hope you spoil him with treats after wat you done to him :hug:

No treats but I rubbed and scratched him for about an hour or so till the mosquito started attacking me.

securitybreach

He is a sweet looker. Hope you spoil him with treats after wat you done to him :hug:

No treats

You say your a cat lover. You deserve to be horse whipped. :thudna5:

Well I give him treats all the time.. Pieces of ham, chicken, etc.

V.T. Eric Layton

No treats but I rubbed and scratched him for about an hour or so till the mosquito started attacking me.

Those same mosquitoes will be attacking Anubis, too. They carry heart-worms... a deadly disease affecting outside cats and other animals.

https://www.heartwormsociety.org/pet-owner-resources/heartworm-basics

More good news for you. Sorry. You need to either find a good foster home for Anubis or get him inside before it's too late.

Sorry to be a nag about this, but...

• Like 1

securitybreach

It doesn't matter what you say, I am not getting rid of my cat. He stays outdoors until I can get him indoors. Heartworm was one of the shots he got so he is covered on that.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm glad he's had his shot. I hope you manage to get him indoors soon.

I will refrain from further comments in regards to Anubis so that I won't sound so much like a birchy grandmother. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

So I got Anubis a tag yesterday. It has his name on one side and my address and phone number on the other. I know its in the shape of a bone but all the cat ones looked girly

hR79uHf.jpg

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

PLEASE... PLEASE be sure that this is a "cat certified" break-way collar. Cat collars should come off quite easily when pulled. This is to prevent kitty from strangling himself when climbing though a chain link fence or through the Hibiscus bushes in the old lady's yard next door.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

"Cat laden friend?" HAHAHA! I wonder if the people who know me refer to me that way. I know some of the kids on the block used to refer to me as that biker dude with the big Harley and all those cats over there. ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach

PLEASE... PLEASE be sure that this is a "cat certified" break-way collar. Cat collars should come off quite easily when pulled. This is to prevent kitty from strangling himself when climbing though a chain link fence or through the Hibiscus bushes in the old lady's yard next door.

It is a cat safe, break away collar.

• Like 2

securitybreach

How come Anubis is relegated to outdoors. Was he a bad boy or is someone allergic.

Where I live, I cannot presently have a cat indoors. I will move as soon as I can if I cannot get something worked out.

Oh! Dear .

Well I hope you have a happy resolution soon... :thumbup:

In the meantime Josh is up against it. To build the fort for Anubis he is having to venture into the world of DIY. An that means learning how to use real tools like hammers and saws :228823: Guess he could buy a 3D Maker bot and do the job via hi tech though so things may not be so bad. :Laughing:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

Oh! Dear .

Well I hope you have a happy resolution soon... :thumbup:

In the meantime Josh is up against it. To build the fort for Anubis he is having to venture into the world of DIY. An that means learning how to use real tools like hammers and saws :228823: Guess he could buy a 3D Maker bot and do the job via hi tech though so things may not be so bad. :Laughing:

I have done plenty of construction projects, so I could do that easily enough.

Anubis says hi

n5H5jEp.jpg

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Well, a stray cat that kept passing through my yard for the past few months has come in to stay, a little reluctantly. She must have been abandoned by someone in the fairly recent past--she trusts people was too much to be anything near feral. I brought her in when I could grab her, intending to call a woman I know who heads up a local animal rescue. Cat is sitting in my hallway howling and I call Felicia and get her message "Sorry, we're not accepting any more animals at this time". Great! I think for a few minutes and figure that after almost 3 years, I've got a cat again. She's young and extremely agile and jumps like crazy, so it's going to be a bumpy ride for a while. She also has the longest tail I've ever seen on a cat--looks like she could swing by it like some monkeys you see. She has an appt with the vet for Tuesday--hope she gets a clean bill of health. Unfortunately, I'm almost sure she'll need to be spayed.

Edited by ebrke
  • Like 4