Got me a kitty v.2

securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

P.S. You could have had it all taken care of for a lot less than what you paid for that keyboard.

;)

Well I have wanted one of these long before I wanted a cat.

We all prioritize differently. IIWII :)

V.T. Eric Layton

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs.

Yes. This is exactly how I was able to get my outside cats all taken care of earlier this spring. Spay/Neuter w/ vaccinations and tags from the county only cost $10 per cat with the vouchers that the county provided for low-income folks. I'm very thankful. I've donated some items and volunteered some of my services (computer help, carpentry, etc.) at the place where I took the kitties.

securitybreach

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs.

Yes. This is exactly how I was able to get my outside cats all taken care of earlier this spring. Spay/Neuter w/ vaccinations and tags from the county only cost $10 per cat with the vouchers that the county provided for low-income folks. I'm very thankful. I've donated some items and volunteered some of my services (computer help, carpentry, etc.) at the place where I took the kitties.

Nice but unfortunately I make just enough that it costs normal price. Around here, unless your on government assistance, you cannot get any sort of vouchers. When I lived in Daytona, they used to have the PAWS bus come around and you could get it done for free.

• Like 1

securitybreach

I think I know why Anubis is laying on his back (trying to stay cool) but its looks so funny.

The fur is not white on his private area but it's just so thin that you see the skin underneath.

Cu43JkQ.jpg

Pretty kitty Ian :thumbup:

Thanks Josh, I do miss my Lil' Emma :(

So Anubis is a "he" not a "she"? If that is the case, wont have to worry about "him" having kittens, but a few of your neighbors might be :thumbup:

Edited by ichase

securitybreach

Pretty kitty Ian :thumbup:

Thanks Josh, I do miss my Lil' Emma :(

So Anubis is a "he" not a "she"? If that is the case, wont have to worry about "him" having kittens, but a few of your neighbors might be :thumbup:

Yeah, you must of been on hiatus when I finally figured it out. When he came back, he was a little wet so I could actually see what was down there.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

To get him fixed is a simple and painless operation that costs much, much less than for a female. It will cure him of wonderlust, extend his lifetime. Something to consider.

• Like 1

securitybreach

To get him fixed is a simple and painless operation that costs much, much less than for a female. It will cure him of wonderlust, extend his lifetime. Something to consider.

Yeah, I know but I can barely afford to pay the bills... I was only able to get the Das with some birthday money.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, I know but I can barely afford to pay the bills... I was only able to get the Das with some birthday money.

I feel your pain, brother. I really do.

securitybreach

I feel your pain, brother. I really do.

I know you do...

• Like 1

painless operation

FUD :whistling:

Well, it's painless because he'd be under sedation. Maybe you can investigate some of the animal welfare groups and see what it would cost, Josh, just a point of knowledge. As Eric pointed out, it'll cost considerably less than if he were a female, and unfortunately he may continue to try to slip out and prowl for eligible females if he's not fixed.

securitybreach

painless operation

FUD :whistling:

Well, it's painless because he'd be under sedation. Maybe you can investigate some of the animal welfare groups and see what it would cost, Josh, just a point of knowledge. As Eric pointed out, it'll cost considerably less than if he were a female, and unfortunately he may continue to try to slip out and prowl for eligible females if he's not fixed.

There are none of those types of groups around here. They have shelters but unless you are on welfare, you cannot get it done for free or reduced price.

• 2 months later...
securitybreach

So Anubis disappeared the day after I got here but returned Monday night. I heard a meowing from across the street so I went and looked and what do you know, it was Anubis. I almost didnt recognize him since he lost his winter coat and looked much thinner because of it until I started looking for certain markings and its him for sure. He was gone for about a month and a couple of days. Anyway, I am going to go get him fixed, get all of his shots and get him chipped Wednesday. He still disappears during the day but he comes back everyday at around 3pm and hangs out all night. Once he is fixed, he will not wander as much.

As most of you know he was an inside cat for the last couple of years and since I cannot keep him indoors here, I thought he ran off and I would never see him again.

I am so happy my little Buddy is back. Here are a couple of pics I just took of him:

dPUeZej.jpg

8BddAg0.jpg

WiXPP1c.jpg

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

It's a real dangerous life for an outside kitty. I wish Anubis the best of luck. I also hope you manage to get a job and a place of your own REAL SOON so you can take Anubis back inside where he belongs.

I'm not going to say anything else about this, Josh.

securitybreach

It's a real dangerous life for an outside kitty. I wish Anubis the best of luck. I also hope you manage to get a job and a place of your own REAL SOON so you can take Anubis back inside where he belongs.

Believe me, I know and it breaks my heart hearing him meowing wanting to come in but there is nothing I can do presently.

V.T. Eric Layton

Believe me, I know and it breaks my heart hearing him meowing wanting to come in but there is nothing I can do presently.

Have you considered finding a family willing to adopt him temporarily/permanently? D*MMIT! I was not going to comment on this again.

Don't reply, Josh. I don't want to discuss this with you. I get too worked up about this topic -- not just your situation, but anyone's (any cat's) similar to this. So, in the interest of maintaining a civil discourse and friendships, etc...

I'm outta' this thread.

securitybreach

Anubis seems very happy. He wants to come in but he hangs out in the backyard and is very loveable when I go outside. So much more than he was before. He steadily rubs against me and gives me kisses all the time. I wish he was indoors with me but he is a lot more loveable than he was when he was inside. I plan on building him a nice fort so he will be happy outside for now. He doesn't leave the yard at all now so he knows his area. He is happy besides wanting to come inside.

I know it is not what I or he would prefer but I think he is content right now though.

securitybreach

He loves to sit in this tree in the backyard:

cQ47T4m.jpg

It breaks my heard to hear him meow wanting to come in but he loves his yard and doesn't leave it at all.