Got me a kitty v.2

securitybreach

securitybreach

So a buddy of mine informed me what breed my Anubis is. She is a black Turkish Angora:

The Turkish Angora (Turkish: Ankara kedisi, 'Ankara cat') is a breed of domestic cat. Turkish Angoras are one of the ancient, natural breeds of cat, having originated in central Turkey, in the Ankara region (historically known as Angora). The breed has been documented as early as the 1600s and is believed to be the origin

of the mutations for both the coloration white (the dominant white gene is in truth the absence of color) and long hair. The breed is also sometimes referred to as simply the Angora or Ankara cat....

https://en.wikipedia.../Turkish_Angora

Most of them are white but there is a black version, which is what Anubis is...

Look, a whole page of Anubis's

HmwHdMl.png

https://goo.gl/#anal...KMecPW/all_time

http://www.cfainc.or...kishangora.aspx

This describes her to a "T". http://cattime.com/c...ish-angora-cats

• Like 2

The Turkish Angora is a small to medium-size cat, weighing 5 to 9 pounds.
So Anubis isn't unusually petite, she's the normal size for an Angora.

securitybreach

Did you think she was unusually petite?

Did you think she was unusually petite?

She looked on the small side to me, but admittedly I've had several really big cats over the years which may have warped my perception somewhat. I had a female cat once who looked like the feline incarnation of an Olympic wrestler--everyone thought she was a tom.

Charlie (aka StupidCat) likes to sleep on the window sill. He managed to fall off of it last week.

Fortunately it's only a couple of feet above the floor. Unfortunately it's right above my computer tower.

No harm done but he gave me a look like aliens had shot him down and this should in no way be attributed to his own clumsiness. Then he ran like **** for the safe refuge under the bed.

• Like 4

securitybreach

Charlie (aka StupidCat) likes to sleep on the window sill. He managed to fall off of it last week.

Fortunately it's only a couple of feet above the floor. Unfortunately it's right above my computer tower.

No harm done but he gave me a look like aliens had shot him down and this should in no way be attributed to his own clumsiness. Then he ran like **** for the safe refuge under the bed.

Just because they mostly always land on their feed, doesn't always mean that they are not clumsy. Anbuis has had some clumsy accidents before, believe me.

V.T. Eric Layton

Jim,

That reminds me of a funny video...

Notice how cool and nonchalant the cat is after causing this disaster. ;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 3

securitybreach

An the last three posts have exactly what to do with kitty's ? :devil:

They were posted in the wrong topic and I moved them to the appropriate one.

I keep a sticky tab of the Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today and didn't realize that I was in a different topic.

securitybreach

:tease: phew I'm glad things like that happen to other folk an not just me :Laughing:

Indeed, it happens to the best of us. B)

• 2 months later...
securitybreach

So glad she came home!

What ????

Nice to see you back here too :hug:

Anubis got out and was gone for 6 days and all of a sudden their it was.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Six days! How lucky she came back unharmed. Hope she's sowed her wild oats and is content to stay safely at home now.

I just opened the door one night and there she was. I had put up signs like a day before.

Cluttermagnet

Oh, man-

Here our kitties are on complete, 24 hour lockdown. We dread either one of them ever

slipping out and never coming back. Actually, I strongly suspect neither is a flight risk later

in life. They have it too good.

Glad your girl came back. Uh- she is neutered, right?

V.T. Eric Layton

So glad she came home!

What ????

Nice to see you back here too :hug:

Anubis got out and was gone for 6 days and all of a sudden their it was.

This is why I told you it's important to get her fixed and microchipped. I'm glad she's back home. :yes:

If she's not neutered, now is definitely the time. If she was in heat when she got out, I'm afraid it's a certainty that you'll have several new furry family members in the near future.

V.T. Eric Layton

P.S. You could have had it all taken care of for a lot less than what you paid for that keyboard.

;)

• Like 1

P.S. You could have had it all taken care of for a lot less than what you paid for that keyboard.

< /birching> ;)

:Laughing: :Laughing:

• Like 1

securitybreach

;)

Well I have wanted one of these long before I wanted a cat.

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs. It would probably be worth investigating if you need to have it done. Or your own vet might have information even if they don't participate in a discounting program themselves.

• Like 1