• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• amenditman

• sunrat

• abarbarian

12 hours ago, securitybreach said:

S5j245j.png

Actually happened to my grandfather. The existing teeth refused to get out of the way... Required surgery to remove the interlopers.

• Agree 1

securitybreach
16 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

Guess you don't remember "Prodigy" and local "bulletin boards". LOL

Um I was on Prodigy, Compuserv and Earthlink. I even ran a BBS at one time (thought I was super cool with two phone lines).

securitybreach

At one point, I somehow managed to sign into Compuserv via Singapore and my mom had to talk her way out of a $3k phone bill. Needless to say, I could barely walk for a week.

This was with a Tandy 1000 back in the 1980s.

1 minute ago, securitybreach said:

Um I was on Prodigy, Compuserv and Earthlink. I even ran a BBS at one time (thought I was super cool with two phone lines).

So you were on Social

At one point, I somehow managed to sign into Compuserv via Singapore and my mom had to talk her way out of a $3k phone bill. Needless to say, I could barely walk for a week.

This was with a Tandy 1000 back in the 1980s.

So you were on Social Media in the 80s.  I wrote a complete accounting system for a Men's and Ladies boutique in 1985 on an 8bit Z80 machine.  Before the IBM XT became popular.  Switched to a 286 clone with dual 20mb drives when they first came out.  Did a sector by sector backup from one drive to the other every morning.

• Like 1

securitybreach
2 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

So you were on Social

So you were on Social Media in the 80s.  I wrote a complete accounting system for a Men's and Ladies boutique in 1985 on an 8bit Z80 machine.  Before the IBM XT became popular.  Switched to a 286 clone with dual 20mb drives when they first came out.  Did a sector by sector backup from one drive to the other every morning.

Very cool!!

Very cool!!

Yeah, I finally had to use the Y2K scare to get them into getting a new system.  It wouldn't really have effected the system because iit already used a numerical "so many days before or after 1900" to store dates, but I was really worried about supporting a system using hardware that old.

Well by that time, I wasn't messing with computers as much. Those were my wild, glory days....

It's the way I earned a living starting about 1978 till I retired in 2005. VBG