• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• amenditman

• sunrat

• abarbarian

securitybreach

Nice, my girl is an orange tabby who was a feral cat before the pound got her. She still doesn't like most people. I guess she's sort of like me B)

• Like 2

Old story. A truck driver was sitting at the counter of a diner having breakfast. A group of four outlaw motorcyclists entered and all four sat at the counter, two on each side of him. One of the bikers reached over and picked up the driver’s glass and drank the truck driver’s juice. Another reached over and took his coffee cup and drank his coffee. Another took a piece of toast off his plate. The fourth one took his bacon. The truck driver said nary a word, stood up, paid his check and left. The bikers were laughing and one of them said to the waitress, “That guy’s not much of a man. We ate his breakfast and he never did a thing!” The waitress just smiled and said, “He’s not much of a truck driver either. He ran over four Harleys trying to get his Peterbilt out of the parking lot.”

• Like 4

securitybreach
2 hours ago, sunrat said:

Old story. A truck driver was sitting at the counter of a diner having breakfast. A group of four outlaw motorcyclists entered and all four sat at the counter, two on each side of him. One of the bikers reached over and picked up the driver’s glass and drank the truck driver’s juice. Another reached over and took his coffee cup and drank his coffee. Another took a piece of toast off his plate. The fourth one took his bacon. The truck driver said nary a word, stood up, paid his check and left. The bikers were laughing and one of them said to the waitress, “That guy’s not much of a man. We ate his breakfast and he never did a thing!” The waitress just smiled and said, “He’s not much of a truck driver either. He ran over four Harleys trying to get his Peterbilt out of the parking lot.”

Nice one!

securitybreach
3 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

There is one of them with which I totally disagree.  It is the one showing nails being driven into the coffin of "literature".  While it is true that I haven't picked up a book in several years,  I actually read even more than I did before.  It is just that now I read ebooks instead of paperbacks.  Even my username "Bookmem", which stands for "book club member", reflects that.  Even when I go to my local Karaoke bar to sing, you'll find me with my  Surface Pro 3 in front of me, reading a book, while I'm waiting to sing.

And, in addition to the tech making it easier to obtain and read books, it , via the many self publishing sites, is actually encouraging people to write.  Overall, while, yes, it is killing traditional newspapers, it is helping with literature in general.

Agreed :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Sadly, that's so true that it's not really funny at all. :(

I was deliberating for a while deciding whether to post it here or in another thread. It is sadly amusing. The cartoon factor decided it.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton
6 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Seriously? He is a AAA actor. Mostly action comedys.

I'm old and I live under a rock. Most of my TV viewing is of shows that were on TV before you were ever even thought of.

You'll get here someday, if you're lucky! ;)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

securitybreach
37 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I'm old and I live under a rock. Most of my TV viewing is of shows that were on TV before you were ever even thought of.

You'll get here someday, if you're lucky! ;)

I haven't had cable TV in ten years or more but I see most movies and whatever shows I want. I have multiple streaming services as well.

• Like 1

securitybreach
38 minutes ago, sunrat said:

AAA actor? Like Humphrey Bogart or James Stewart?

Nah, standards have went down considerably since those days.

• Like 2