New Printer

securitybreach

securitybreach

Well my mom gave me her HP DeskJet 3510 Wireless-N All-in-One Color Inkjet Scanner Copier Photo Printer that has been sitting in the box since this past spring when she got it.

This printer was so easy to setup and only took about 30 seconds to setup wireless printing.

Basically I just had to install hplip, sane and cups applications. Then I ran hp-setup as root and answered a couple of questions, had to plug in usb for 10 seconds and presto it was setup and connected to my router. Next I started and enabled the cups.service and now every applications prints to it perfectly. Well I had to run Add Printer from the CUPS admin page for all apps to see the printer but now its fully setup.

There is even an Android app so I can print from any android device over the local network or from anywhere in the world: https://play.google....oid.print&hl=en

81QNw2-Jq4L._SX522_.jpg

• Like 1

securitybreach

Although now when I print, I get weird white space through text:

p8lCT6q.jpg

I tried to align and clean heads but that wasn't it. Any ideas?

It's not just text... It's anything printed in black.

The red text seems fine.

Can I assume you've tried removing/reinstalling the black toner cartridge?

Possibly a bad black cartridge ?

V.T. Eric Layton

I keep saying drivers because distorted print output is often driver-related, particularly in Linux. For example, my old HP printer will work sort of OK with 5 different drivers available in Slackware. However, it only works 100% with one in particular on my main machine.

Hunt around for some different drivers and see what happens.

With Linux Mint you can usually just use HPLIP and it'll set up the printer OK through the Printers item on the Menu. I've haven't done any CUPS configuration with the admin panel in a long time. If you get the printer configured and set as default just about any app works with it out of the box.

My HP Envy 5530 wifi printer was much easier to set up with Linux than with Windows. Actually, I did most of the initial configuration with the admin screen on the printer. Once you get the IP set and the printer on the LAN you can see and control it from any browser.

• Like 1