Speaking of Bad Movies...

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I just saw a doozy!

Godzilla (2014)

It was bad... just plain bad. Really. It was bad. Did I mention that this movie was bad? Oh, and it was long, too. Long and bad, yes it was. :(

I just saw a doozy!

Godzilla (2014)

It was bad... just plain bad. Really. It was bad. Did I mention that this movie was bad? Oh, and it was long, too. Long and bad, yes it was. :(

Did you like it?

what about when Godzilla gets on the scene?

I loved the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_%281954_film%29

"
In these days of flawless special effects, Godzilla and the city he destroys are equally crude. Godzilla at times looks uncannily like a man in a rubber suit, stomping on cardboard sets, as indeed he was, and did. Other scenes show him as a stuffed, awkward animatronic model. This was not state-of-the-art even at the time; King Kong (1933) was much more convincing. When Dr. Serizawa demonstrates the Oxygen Destroyer to his fiancee, Emiko
[
]
, the super weapon is somewhat anticlimactic. He drops a pill into a tank of tropical fish, the tank lights up, he shouts, "stand back!" the fiancée screams, and the fish go belly-up. Yeah, that'll stop Godzilla in his tracks.
"

Since its release, Godzilla has been regarded not only as one of the best giant monster films ever made but an important cinematic achievement.[26] The film was ranked #31 in Empire magazine's "The 100 Best Films Of World Cinema" in 2010.[27]

:Laie_95:

I think Godzilla just had a bad trip . Try the Predator series .Now you're suckin diesel ..Black smoke and all..(Irish farmer's quote)

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I love the first 2 Predator movies. The rest are OK but nothing to write home about; once you see those, don't much need to see them again. But the first 2, whole different ball park. Really enjoyed those two.

V.T. Eric Layton

A lot of folks seemed to like Godzilla 2014. I could barely stay awake. It was just too long. They make you wait a long time to see Big G. Many scenes filmed in darkness; difficult to follow, etc.

Try it, though... you might like it. Everyone's different.

----

Speaking the Predator movies, don't forget to take a look at Predators (plural) - good movie! Also, the Predator vs Alien flicks weren't too bad either.

alien_vs_predator_chess-992x696.jpg

• Like 1

Many scenes filmed in darkness;

Because they wanted to cover up cheaply made sets or develop drama like CSI turning off the lights and exploring homes by flashlights with 3/4 dead batteries?

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

I loved Alien and Aliens. Jury is out on the last two ... Never went back to watch them again. Maybe I should to see if I have changed my mind on them. Who knows...

abarbarian

i'm sure my like had nothing to do with Sigourney Weaver... :D

Mine neither. It was the cat that made me watch a second time an in all the follow ups I was always looking for the cat to appear again.

Ever noticed how many movies have cats in them. Like this favourite of mine,

Cat People

an the remake was very well done too.

http://youtu.be/golEvRaaKYo

Not that I was looking at Simone Simon or Nastassja Kinski. :yes:

I liked Alien a lot but don't plan on watching it again, it really creeped me out. never saw Aliens .

Predator was a nice surprise. Came in expecting one movie and got a completely different movie, really nice change of pace,plot and style executed

I liked Alien a lot but don't plan on watching it again, it really creeped me out. never saw Aliens .

Predator was a nice surprise. Came in expecting one movie and got a completely different movie, really nice change of pace,plot and style executed

Actually, if you liked Predator, you might enjoy Aliens.

The premise of both involved an elite military unit, equipped with devastating firepower, sent by a Machiavellian corporation or government into a situation involving an extremely formidable "unhuman" foe...

Just action, no deeper meaning, no social commentary, relax... no thinking required.

IMHO:

Alien was a horror flick.

Aliens was action adventure.

Edited by Pete!

Guest LilBambi

I agree with Pete! ... well, Aliens was an action sci fi adventure with aliens. ;)

Yes, if you enjoyed Predator, you may well enjoy Aliens. I liked both a lot.

Edited by LilBambi

V.T. Eric Layton

They made a mash up movie of Predator and Aliens called "Pralines (and Cream)." UMMMM! It was sooooo good! :good2:

V.T. Eric Layton

We're sorry. Shirley isn't here right now. Can we take a message for her?

V.T. Eric Layton

Shirley replies, "Surely, you didn't really believe anything that Slacker dude posted?"

:ermm:

• 2 years later...

Bump:- positively the very worst movies I have ever seen are the Neil Breen extravagances .Produced Directed and almost everything else by him.

He makes interesting story-lines so banal and someone should reveal to him just how wooden his acting talents are . He should be given an Oscar for the absolutely worst acting/directing EVER. If one ever needs brain numbing fodder it might be suggested that his movies have escaped into the wilds of YouTube . The managers of which should sacked instantly for allowing such drivel to appear on their servers . :bangin: :thudna5: :Muahaha:

Can anyone beat that . 5free beer tokens if you can. :Hammys_pint:

• Like 2