MCC fonts tiny

Dard

When I fire up the MCC also known as ''configure your computer'' the fonts are tiny, yes I can read the descriptions in the install packages dialog box, but a larger font size would be easier on these eyes. :'(I have tried the look-n-feel-> fonts... but it dosent seem to make these fonts any larger. :url: Anyone know where to set this to make the MCC fonts larger?

Hi DardIf you tried "look and feel" in kcontrol already you could try the MCC --> System --> Fonts . . . mine is set at "Sans 12pt"Also: what screen resolution are you using ?:url: Bruno

Bruno, I'm using 1024x768 resolution here.Tried MCC -> system fonts-> sans changed it fron 12 to 20, then closed out MCC. Havent noticed any difference in the font size in the MCC after I changed it. I didn't see any place to save the change in the font section of the MCC though. Just close, go figure. :url:

You might try a different font. I really think the Look and Feel is the place to be on this one. I have found that sometimes the ClearlyU is a more legible font than the defaults. You might try that. You are right in that there is no apply on the fonts in the MCC, just the close button.Julia :url:

You are using the same resolution as I do :url: . . . . . what about a reboot, does the changed font then stick ? . . . . Or in Look & Feel just selecting an other font that "looks" bigger ? . . . I will search through the settings again as I come back from work tonight . . . ;) Bruno

nlinecomputers

It shouldn't be necessary to reboot. This is Linux not a Windows box. Just logout and log back it. Or hit CNTL-ALT-Backspace to reload the X server.

NathanYou are right - you should not have to reboot. :thumbsup: However, lately we have discovered that some changes take place after rebooting rather than just closing X. In this case I believe logging out of the X as you suggested with the Ctr Alt Backspace should do all that is needed. Julia :url:

Have looked at this topic , have had the same problem in Mdk10 but not Mdk9.2 It appears that there is a system font that is tooo small , both in Mozilla and error message dialog boxes Have tried the fonts in "look and Feel" and in mozilla , apperance , fonts and still have not been able to correct the problem, what am I looking for????Charlie

CharlieFirst for basic fonts then you should be able to change them in the fonts screen under Look and Feel. I have found that I do better with changing the font rather than the size sometimes. I like ClearlyU and Console as legible fonts. I usually don't allow anything smaller than 11 but might bump that up to 12. As far as Mozilla goes, most of the moziilla based browsers have a preferences configuration under edit or tools where you can go in and set the minimum font size. Edit-->Preferences-->Fonts and check the box for the minimum font size to set it to what you want. See if that helps.Julia :thumbsup:

Hello TeacherI have made the adjustments you suggested but unfortunayely there is still one font that is not cooperating, this is in Mozilla. This is the font in the mozilla menue bar . "File" URL , and even the "Preferences" dialog box . I have been doing quite a lot of adjusting , and I feel that there is one font that will solve the problem , but where is it hidden ????Charlie

Hi CharlieI have encountered this exact problem but strange never in mandrake or Pclos the mozilla menu fonts are independent of font settings you have to change this in mozilla itself here is a thread with some suggestions that might work but to be honest I have never come across a solution that works 100% :blink: Firefox Fonts