Q. What do you get if you combine an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A. Someone who lies awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog. :wacko:

• Like 7

I don't have pigeons in my workshop. I have cats. They don't poop on my tools. ;)

They are swallows . Sorry the photo is bad quality . I hadn't realised the cam was set to macro.

We wanted to trim back some privet in our bird sanctuary (our "God's Quarter Acre"). We knew it would be flowering soon, but there's a cardinal in one of the bushes in a nest. We couldn't determine how many other bird families we would be disturbing either, so we left the privet alone till we get past spring. Unfortunately, we both suffer allergies that include the privet...

• Like 3

I don't have pigeons in my workshop. I have cats. They don't poop on my tools. ;)

Yeah, but that fine coating of hair can be an issue at times.
  • Like 1

We wanted to trim back some privet in our bird sanctuary (our "God's Quarter Acre"). We knew it would be flowering soon, but there's a cardinal in one of the bushes in a nest. We couldn't determine how many other bird families we would be disturbing either, so we left the privet alone till we get past spring. Unfortunately, we both suffer allergies that include the privet...

Unfortunately, I can trim the bush beside my steps where a robin was nesting. I think she laid too soon--we had multiple 32-degree nights right afterward--and apparently the eggs weren't viable. She flew off after a couple of weeks--I checked a source and saw that they should have hatched in 12-14 days. I did read that robins frequently have 2 broods a year, so maybe she'll be luckier next time.
  • Like 2

Q. What do you get if you combine an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A. Someone who lies awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog. :wacko:

lol - good stuff! :D