Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

Update:- Tonight one is sitting here with a fresh bottle of Premium Alter Weizenkorn. A German clear spirit.@ 36%.

After a trying time getting to log in to Skype {so I can talk to friends who are also connected} I am just setting up a good measure in a tall glass topped off with Indian quinine tonic. So here goes , It's quite a tasty cocktail with just a hint of the taste of maize. Seems to have a fair punch.

The prominent name on the 750ml bottle is Silberling. :look: zust getting along wid de 2nd one an iz fearlie fine to de taist. . :mitch:

I tink iz now de tyme to shudder down de innernet afore it all gitz aani fuzzier :Laughing: :blissysmile: :th_run-around-smiley:

• Like 2

Oddly enough the Skype problem didn't get resolved until I threw caution to the four winds and termed the hind legs off it .

I've really got to find another VOIP that I can get me buddies to install and use . Biggest problem with that will be getting them to consider Linux.

I may have to burn disks that will install a small distro and push their win parts over a little and show grub or lilo at start up and do it all automatically without messing their systems up.

Aside from all that palaver ,I am looking forward to Xmas as the prodigal will be spending some time with us , Hence the kupla gargles to get the liver in training and up to speed . :hysterical:

• Like 1

Googlie google is fine . But every word is logged and may be given in evibents Or whatever . It's nice to be able to bat the breeze with ones mates and not feel one is giving a performance for an audience .

I know they do . That's why it is imperative that another way has to be found . It's one thing people listening in to a conversation on the train or bus . One is aware of that scenario . But quite another when one's conversations are subverted . Then harmless statements are so easily misconstrued by the paranoias.

It's 15 bucks each way to the local. Taxis are a huge rip here. As I have a clean license now for the past 40 yrs . I will not risk the motor.

The mates I would call live all over the island anyway . Soooo dilema!! or not . Our local spooks are all sound folk and know me as well as I know them . So no problem with our gang . It's the paranoias across the pond that are the prob .

• Like 1

If I saw the logo on the grill in the US, I'd think "International Harvester"... Now known as Navistar International.

International_Harvester_logo.png

That appears to be a pick-up truck from the 1950s.

Edited by Pete!
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

It's a 1955 IH (International Harvester) pick-up, as Pete mentions above me here. That must certainly be a rare site in your neck o' the woods. ;)

Here's a pretty one I found on Google...

1953_International_R110_pickup.jpg

The one above looks to be in really good condition . Not like the one over here which looks like it had just been dragged out of the chicken shack. Those yokes must really guzzle gas. .

Merry Xmas to all. and a prosperous year of the Rooster . :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

• Like 2

When I was a kid in the '50s - '60s, my family liked the International "Travelall" model. It was one of the first full sized SUVs.

It seated seven comfortably.

The first one we had was a '59, with the "economical" six cylinder engine w/ standard shift & "overdrive".

For the time, considering it's size, it had surprising low gas consumption.

By the harsh ride, you could tell it was actually a truck (with a passenger body).

The second one (forgot the year) was a V-8 with an automatic transmission.

The mileage wasn't as good, but no worse than any large car of that era.

It had a much softer suspension, the "truck-like" ride was gone.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, those old IH's (and Chevys, Fords, Dodges) of that era were notorious gas guzzlers when they had the larger (V8) engines in them. They could be quite sippy on gas with those straight 6s, though.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Your father was VERY right, Temmu! I can't even tell these little jellybeans apart these days. They all look nearly identical.

• Like 1

The jellybean has no character . Just come with different sizes and badges. Even the SUV's all look alike .

The only thing to turn a head is a vintage motor or a Land rover/Jeep/or a durty big hornet with a very long sting

:rant: :w00tx100: :icon8:

• Like 1

Something like those . Over here there was the Vauxhall Cresta . The Ford Consul and the old Granada . The Hillman hunter with the column shift . So many distinctive motors . Sadly all now morphed into mediocrity.

That was a time when the designers were much more inspired . Maybe they were gas guzzlers and heavy . But They looked nice and did the business

• Like 1

Update:- This morning dawned dry and bright .So I was really looking forward to lighting a big bonfire just before midnight and got all excited . So to calm myself down I did a good bit of work sorting and stacking timber for the next part of my building project .

After that I came indoors and ate a very tasty ribeye and big fat greasy oven chips to line the tummy for a good session of beers and whiskey while sitting round the bonfire . A couple of hours after sunset I started to get ready to put the finishing touches to the bonfire and just then the heavens started to dribble ,then fall , Then downpour. So abandoned the idea of sitting in the garden and an just now drowning the sorrows in whiskey and beer . So all good anyoldhow. :luck: :clap: :luck:

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

HA! Ain't life just like that sometimes?

I had my little bonfire-in-a-wash-tub yesterday. It was a nice bright and cool day (high only made it to low 60s F), so I decided to burn my 3+ years' worth of documents. They're all ashes now. Would have taken three weeks with a shredder. ;)

We were getting a little off-track showing trucks and motors on perhaps the wrong thread . So putting this one up on here may be a better idea than the Gnu Desktop . thread

The truck is 40 yrs old and in the short few years she has been with me she has saved me a packet of dosh . Hauling timber and all sorts of heavy cargo .

I love and respect her and she gets a lot of TLC .*Because she's worth it * lol..

.4uv8u1Y.jpg

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Those little Land Rovers are sturdy beasts! My friend Ian (releaseroderick/releaseian) from here and my Cabin forums is also a great fan of them.

Yep Even though they have an aluminum body they still weigh in around 1700Kg . No electronics so EMP impervious .Go anywhere . Haul any thing .Hi/low range box . Power take off .109" long .Have carried one tonne inside and it never misses a beat . I love it

o:)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update:- I just can't believe my luck . Just now as I am writing this I am listening to the boxed set of the *Concert for Bangladesh* on vinyl . 1971. produced by Harrison and Spectre . In pristine condition .

When CD's started to take over as the media to use a lot of folks started putting their vinyl into the dumpsters . I felt a bit foolish at the time but I rescued them and brought them home to put in boxes and promptly forgot them .

Having lately had some early sunsets and not much to do I started getting them out and putting them on .

So many are in excellent condition ./Classical/HipHop /Rock/ Easy listening/Blues /Jazz . Too many to list here .

Some angel must have prompted me way back then . Now I feel so lucky to have all these .

There is a heaven somewhere .

• Like 2

Also if they get dirty ,the vinyl can be washed . If there are bad scratches, with a jewelers eyeglass and a very fine sewing needle the tracks can be reformed with a lot of success. Can't do that with optical disks.

• Like 1

securitybreach

Also if they get dirty ,the vinyl can be washed . If there are bad scratches, with a jewelers eyeglass and a very fine sewing needle the tracks can be reformed with a lot of success. Can't do that with optical disks.

I did not know that..