Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

V.T. Eric Layton

If I hit a big enough jackpot, I'll pick some friends along the way. We can have a Scot's Get Together at your place. ;)

Today I finished the "bunker" up to first floor level. If I put the roof at optimun level for PV. cells it will throw the apex above 20ft. 56% median. That will result in 7 1/2 ft head room upstairs.At this stage I'm contemplating if it would be a good idea to make the PV system grid friendly , or just use what I have

and when things are tight use the grid as normal. !st world problem in a third world economy

• Like 1

Update:- As I look around the garden I see that the apple and cherry trees are an absolute mass of blossom . Last year there were almost none and the first little downpour washed them bare . The berberis bush also has a lot of blossom but when I go down to it there is silence .It used to be one of my great spring pleasures to sit there in the sun for a while and listen to the fairly loud humming of thousands of bees gathering the pollen . This year I have seen two bees so far . One was trapped behind the window in the summerhouse .So I helped it escape. It was the kind with the brown furry bit on the shoulders . The other one was just shiny all over and black.

Where have all the bees gone . Without them there will be a big shortage of fruit and other foodstuff that need pollenating to produce a good crop . :'(

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update:- Today we have the first serious rain for almost a month . So my work on the "bunker " is at a temporary halt . Hence the update . I have been putting the hours in and the first floor is in .the gable walls are up ,the roof framing is done and the front is tiled almost to the top . As I ran out of roof tiles I am finishing the top three or four courses with black slates . I am curious to see how the red tiles and black slates will look when finished .

Greycoat is now well and truly embedded here . He is here in the morning when I go out to start work and is company all day except for a couple of hours in the early afternoon when he toddles off about his other business. He must have been in some serious battles as he is well scarred under the fur on his head .I spite of myself I am getting quite fond of him and look forward to having a little chat with him during the day

As the opportunity presents I will try to get some more photos of him and put them up for you to see his ugly phisogg

Dazall4now .

Do someone a random act of kindness. It's great fun :clap:

• Like 2

Update:- I've noticed an odd thing in the yard for the past three or four days . A rooster in the garden . I paid scant attention to it as I am really busy with the building . First thing I noticed was the cats food dish permanently empty . Yes you guessed it 'the rooster was filling his crop with cat nuts.

I could live with that ,but when it started leaving enormous ploppings on the stoop and the path ,That was that. Action must be taken.

So I set up a deadfall trap with a big parrot cage that was lying about the yard ,then baited it with the finest quality rolled oats. Left a trail up to it and waited . After a good while I just gave up . An hour or so later I heard a clang and a lot of loud clucking .So I looked out the window and there was the rooster caught in the cage with Greycoat sitting close by licking his paws and washing his whiskers . One could tell he was looking forward to another feed of roast chicken . Clever puddy LOL.

However that was not to be as I bagged and tagged that bird and brought it round to a friend who actually keeps them as pets .

So that bird will now get really fat and lazy in a walled garden with a couple of tame rabbits to bully him Ha. :hysterical: Nothing plops on my path and gets away with it.

Whaddayatinkadat...?

Edited by Capt.Crow
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's quite a shock to notice that the 4th July comes round so fast. As I have noticed an awful lot of stuff has happened in the USA since . I try to keep up with the news on the various channels and feeds . Some of the events of the past year have been downright bad . But in my estimation things over there are actually on the up and up . There has been good news to negate the bad .So all in all I do believe that there will be many changes for the better. The Brexit I feel will have a positive effect on the economy which will filter out to all parts of your society. Which will be a good thing .

To finish ,I would like to wish you one and all a very happy 4th July and pray that until the next that you will all have a peaceful prosperous and happy year to come..

Dazall folks :th_1sm198balloons: :beer: :th_1sm198balloons:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update:- First the most important news . Greycoat has been abandoned by his erstwhile wife .He is now the sole carer and protector of three really beautiful kittens.One is a perfect minature copy of himself. His? name is waistcoat . The second is a midnight black version named Sammy with a very long tail and so full of energy that he runs everywhere at top speed and is very attached to greycoat . The third is strikingly handsome with black mid-lenght fur a white shirtfront and four white paws .This one is so sedate it,'s name is Tux. They are all still very wild but it's great fun watching their antics as they slowly expand their territory over three dimensions . I could sit and watch them for hours .

Item 2nd :- My JVC turntable got accidentally wrecked during the last session in the bar. a month or so ago .Since then I have had some serious vinyl withdrawal symptoms .

So today I ventured into the vast metropolis that is Dublin city on a dedicated hunt for another player . With a certain figure in mind for this momentous purchase .I hunted high in all the top end stores and could find nothing that was any less than an enormous rip-off . Then I went through some of the mid-range stores ,With much the same result . At the edge of despair I was just about to let my dream go when I spotted a HMV store that was having a closing down sale so nothing ventured nothing gained I took a look inside ,without much hope I may add. I looked around the shelves and came across in a dark corner a stack of five strange looking boxes that seemed to contain large radios . Lo and behold I came across a combination turntable Steepletone Roxy 3cd-encode/AM/FM/Usb line in line out /33/45/78/ set looking very retro . Notwithstanding I checked the price and at 100 euro It seemed that If the item did not suit me it could be a respectable present for someone . So I made the purchase and hasted home to try it out . First thing I put on an old Doors album K42 012.I was amazed that the frying rashers and eggs sound that had been strong on the old deck was all but eliminated ,It didn't skip on the inevitable scratches and in fact I could barely discern any erroneous interference whatsoever .All this on the internal speakers . I am looking forward to many hours of listening pleasure when this machine is hooked up to the main amp stack and surround sound .

A hundred bucks for a machine that could hold it's head proudly in company with any Lenco Olaf .or Akai .

Some spirit really smiled on me today .

Sorry got to go now ,gonna put on some badass Meatloaf . Back later . Have fun Yall

. .

While the range on the machine isn't great the album played very clearly

• Like 3

Sitting at the desk ,head is ringing. Listened to . "Then came rock'n'roll" EMI records (then 26 0054 3 ) All the original classics . at full belt .

After that "Horselips" Emma music Ltd. If anyone doesn't know this band ,believe me they are well worth a listen . Just be astounded what Irish rock sounds like .

It's so good to be getting to play all the old favourites .

The cats away so the mouse is playing through the stacks at full tilt . :devil: :devil: :devil:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

First the important news :- Greycoat is the most dedicated parent I have ever come to know in the feline world. He arrives at mealtimes and instead of wolfing down all the food He makes certain the kittens get their fair share each and every one . The kittens are still very shy and keep their distance ,but are always hanging around watching when I am in the yard . I get endless hours of pleasure watching their antics. All three get themselves up in such a tangle it's hard to figure out how they could ever get out of it . A ball of multicolored fur with legs and tails and heads sprouting out at impossible angles .

I've hooked up the new turntable to a set of active speakers and the presence is so good now that I am able to play the drum kit along with all my old vinyl.

Good job I live way out in the boonies .

The "Bunker" now has a roof ,a sleeping loft,a loo and washbasin.AND a wood burning stove for the chillier autumn evenings.

Fitting the chimney was a minor nightmare. First I had to cut a profile in a roof tile then had to make a copper weathering slate . Didn't have a length of pipe long enough to reach over the roof so had to weld some sections together . Then had to cut it and make an off-set just to get it through the roof without fouling the timbers which I then had to shield with even more copper . All seems ok now and the stove has been baptized . So much heat .Very pleased with the out come . Still a lot of fettling to do inside the building but at least I will be able to work thru the winter in comfort .

I've put so much time and energy into this project that I have been remiss with honing my pc skills .

It is worth it as there is room enough for three to sleep in the loft . When we get an overspill of visitors . :th_thyippee:

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

My experience has been very good with daddy-cats helping momma-kitties with the li'l ones. It has to be the father of the litter, though. The non-family competing males will actually try to kill the kittens to kill off the competing male's line and to make momma go into estrous sooner so 2nd fiddle Tom can have another go.

Greycoat is definitely the sire of these three kittens. Sammy stands up close and personal to him when he has his head in the bowl. I got to stroke Waistcoat today for a moment ,Tux is the one who I think will come to me the soonest . I have finally got a good photo of the three of them together and will upload it as time and tide allow .

• Like 2

Will be a while . The file has vanished into the file system and all that's left is the broken symbolic link on the desktop.

I will find it . The force is with me .Maybe

• Like 2

Capt.Crow's Crash Band is ready to upload a very particular kind of music . Where can we get it hosted . Any ideas . By the way some of the tracks are an hour long ????

Today was a mixed day of sadness and joy.

Sadness because a good neighbors daughter was buried. She was run over by a big eight-wheeler while cycling on her way to work at the beginning of the week .A woman in the prime of life . The saddest thing was she was about to go on holidays next week with her partner and then to be married soon after . The whole village is devastated .

Joy because friends who have not met and been in each others company for many years met up again . In my case one person whom I haven't seen for fourteen years was at the gathering it was so wonderful to see him again and shoot the breeze like we had just seen each other yesterday.I was also able to take this occasion to at last make peace with an unfriend after many years gruffityness. It was wonderful to see the tension just melt away from them .

The whole business brings to mind that grief and joy are no more than the two sides of the same card .

We who are here and now owe it to those who have gone through the door to remember them and to savor the few days or years that are left to us with the company of our friends and neighbors.

Take care ,be safe and enjoy the company of others , no matter where or when . It will uplift you and bring a great calm in times of stress.

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

D@mn, Del. That sucks. However, you did really good at finding the good in a bad day.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1

Sadly Eric there is more to come as my middle sister is in the terminal stage of the cell change that has no cure . She is floating in and out of this slender life. Words fail me just now .

Just you guys cherish each other while we still have our wits and time .

I spent the day remembering those who were hurt ,damaged and murdered in NY 15 yrs ago .

• Like 3

The time continuum slowed

The fabric of space warped

The veil lifted.

I stood on a low hill

Before me a golden beach

A blue shining sea

Calm trees in the distance.

Some years later

I come again to this place

Now three people

At the waters edge