Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

securitybreach
Why oh why can I not get anyone to record our sessions . They all say yes ,but when things get going recording is forgotten.

Because you all are playing so well that people forget what they were doing.

V.T. Eric Layton

Hey Cap'n...

The problem with feeding outside kitties is that cats do not eat all at one go like dogs do. Cats like to nibble here and there throughout the day/night. Unfortunately, what happens is that in the meantime the raccoons, possums, and other sundry critters come by and eat poor kitty's snacks for later. When kitty returns to nibble, the bowls are empty. :(

I know. I feed the world in my backyard... cats, squirrels, birds, possums, and raccoons. No critter goes away hungry around here. ;)

• Like 2

That rat was getting far to comfortable ,so today I baited a hefty trap with *wait for it* chocolate . Went out an hour later and there it was ,kaput dot dead blam!!! I was told about this bait by a fisherman .Apparently the nets get wrecked with by harbor rats when the boats are in overnight .

Oddly enough Greycoat arrived instantly and started demanding that I surrender my catch . No way , I incinerated the thing as I'm not sure it would have done him any good.

Mayhap he will catch his own now .

There are a lot of grain fields all around me here so it was just a field rat . But I will not take any chances having read Defoes book on the Great Plague of London .

Havn't seen the squirrels since just before the big rain came . I hope they are OK

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update :- It has been a very long and wet winter . Today there is some promise as the snow drops have shown their flowers. This is a good omen for a good summer here. All winter I think I got about 4 days to work in the garden . So as we had 2 days dry I got out into the garden and maybe did myself no favours . May have strained my stomach muscles . Very sore today .

Greycoat is constantly with me in the garden . When I look up he's there watching me . AND he has started to earn his keep. Chicken is back on the menu for him as he must have been really busy . No unwanted residents around any more . I'm not keen on getting fond of him as when the rut comes round he will vanish and maybe not come back. In the meantime he sleeps in Anson's kennel at night and dozes in the polytunnel during the day .

Still has a lot of wildness in him as he scarpers when any stranger comes round.

So here's wishing you a good summer and a prosperous time to come ... Be good :Hammys_pint:

• Like 3

Good summer, ha! We're having our worst weather of the winter here in eastern U.S. Glad yours is improving though.

We have had the wettest winter and autumn I have ever been through. It is only in the last few days that we have had some proper cold nights and clear skies with some sun in the daytime. It seems that now in addition to living on a planet full of mad folk I am living on a planet with mad weather too. :tease:

Our autumn and early winter was weirdly warm. Then we got 2 feet of snow, and today will the coldest day (and night) in about 20 years, although my personal recollections of our winter two years ago bring up days to rival this one. Then three days from now we're warm and wet again, with forecasts for heavy, possibly flooding, rain, which always impacts my basement (hope the sump pump holds out). :'(

Update:- Greycoat seems to have a mate . I was grinding a piece of metal "modifying my little wood burning stove . I caught a glimpse of something black moving past the workshop door. So I stopped and had a look out and sure enough the was a black cat peering at me from the corner of a stack of concrete blocks.. I have to admit I did a double take as for a moment I thought it was Anubis . Same luminous eyes, coat, tail, the works . Then sanity returned . Couldn't be ,Anubis is three thousand miles away in sunny Florida.

The stove mod worked out much better than expected . It was burning fuel too well but the heat aws dissappearing up the chimney( lum in Scottish).

Wracked the old grey matter and came up with :-this . The stove has a front loading door and a top loading plate . So I got a used up fire extinguisher and took the valve out ,Cut the bottom off and stood the resulting dome in the flange of the top plate with the plate removed. First I had to get the paint off and put a little brass bowl over the valve hole . Now the heat travels up the "dome" and radiates out really well . Almost too hot now in the room .

So a good result .. Black cats are lucky eh!!!

V.T. Eric Layton

Actually, Anubis (Securitybreach's cat) is 3000 or so miles away from you in New Orleans, Louisiana. At least, last I heard...

My Li'l Black Kitty is here with me in Tampa, though, so it can't be her either. ;)

elKld0w.jpg

• Like 1

OOps . got Norleans mixed up with Tampa .. This cat is really shy . But coming in from the wood shed tonite . Greycoat rolled over and presented me with his belly . For a scratch .. No way he has claws like razors . So he really is taming down a lot.

Dazza keen lookin cat Eric. Love the sheen on the coat .

• Like 1

Update:- There have been totally clear skies for a day or two now .The air is fresh and clean and the morning sees the fields glistening with early frost of the purest white . In the evening the rising moon is a perfect deep orange .So beautiful it takes the breath away. The sky after the moon has set is cast with millions of diamonds .So well defined one can see the swirl of distant galaxies.

Every now and then one feels a clicking and looking up sees the amazing flight of the mouse-bats .

During the day there is a breeze that would fairly cut one in half . But it's gloriously dry.

So the garden is getting a bit of attention and one is able to catch up on chores that couldn't be done sooner .

If only the rest of the world could live in such harmony .

As J.Lennon . said IMAGINE.

Easter is upon us soon . Have a good one all.

• Like 2

This I've just got to relate :- Greycoat unsurprisingly really likes chicken . This morning I was down the other end of the garden laying a random stone footpath when I heard an unusual noise . Looking up I saw there were two Rhode island reds clucking and strutting along the back street of the house.

On further perusal of this strange event I noticed Greycoat snooking along behind them . He had selected two fine birds from a neighbours yard 1/2 a mile away and was herding them down the garden in my direction . Oh! he was looking very proud of himself. Supplying his own dinner . :hysterical: .

Anyone who dosen't agree that cats are real intelligent is a dumb cluck .

• Like 3

Update:- We have had really dry weather so taking advantage ,I've been moving about ten ton of used 18x6" concrete blocks. These are the heaviest blocks I have ever come across .Made circa 50's. So far the ould back and the gammy knee have held up. But I am so tired it's a fair old job to type this.

I wake up before dawn every morning ,but just lie there until the light comes through the blinds. The sunrises are to die for .Soo beautiful. I found a wild crocus this morning pokeing its head just above some rubble that I was about to move down the yard for balast under the new path. So as with all wild things I just left it undisturbed .Photo 2moro.

Greycoat sat nearby while I was cutting wood with a chop saw . Now that's one noisey yoke . He comes over to us now for a stroke . I really didn't want any pets after Anson passed . But nature always fills a void . He's a good cat anyway so there you have it

:cat:

• Like 3

Sure did .Ground up a little piperazine and sprinkled it on his meal . He's as sleek and trim as could be now . Mind you I had to slide his food dish under cover this morning . He was meowing something fierce until I investigated . Not too keen on rain..

Herself has fallen in love with him and now feeds him GO-CAT nuts for heavens sake .

One really good thing ,He's not marking territory . DG..

• Like 2

3oUp7ua.jpg

Just a little nostalgia . Hope to get away a bit more often in 2016.

So when the weather comes around good it will be down tools and away off to the great silence.

• Like 2

securitybreach

3oUp7ua.jpg

Just a little nostalgia . Hope to get away a bit more often in 2016.

So when the weather comes around good it will be down tools and away off to the great silence.

That does look nice...

V.T. Eric Layton

Never been a boat person even though I grew up in Tampa surrounded by lakes, rivers, the Gulf, the Atlantic, etc. I get seasick too easy. ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach

Never been a boat person even though I grew up in Tampa surrounded by lakes, rivers, the Gulf, the Atlantic, etc. I get seasick too easy. ;)

That kind of sux

No matter just so long as you can cycle out to the Everglades for the peace and clean air . How about an airboat . Driving one of those is a bit like a car .