Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

Had a crazy day today . Decided to go sailing . Got the boat ready and for some reason decided to take the rubber duck with the little outboard in side tow.

We were just out of the harbour looking forward to a nice day cruising about . When phut! the engine stopped < on a flood tide with an onshore breeze. We had picked up a section of flotsam rope which fouled the prop and bound the rudder hard to it . No power No steering,drifting to rocky prominence 500yds away . Holy mackerel . Nothing for it but to tranship to the dingy start the tiny motor and start to pull the 5ton boat against the wind and tide. to get a tow rope on her nose . Agonizingly slowly she backed away from the rocks and managed to get a tow on her nose . But then the dingy was the wrong way round .So nothing for it with the dingy going in reverse ,Yard by hard won yard we got the whole mess back into the harbour.

Now the *funny* bit .This whole business took at least an hour .So just as we cleared the prop and were about to go back out ,This cheery face pops up and asks if we need medical assistance,

They sent him in a car. arriving in the "nick" of time to catch us just as we were going out again .

I support our Coastguard service ,BIG TIME>What I cannot figure out . is we didn't call them . and why not come by the high-speed rib instead of a car. Their base is only 5miles away and would have taken 6mins 10 tops. The road takes a lot longer due to traffic etc.

Oh! well the joys of sailing on the Irish sea.

• Like 1

The rest of the day was very lacklustre after that adrenalin pumping episode . But we did a few miles in a dropping wind and gave up and went back to harbour. We will go down to clean the seagull glue off the decks tomorrow . Then square things up to get away on Sat or Sun. Just to cruise around and get back our *sea-legs*

When leaving harbour . One is totally responsible for one's own safety and that of the crew. It's a movement into an alien environment where almost anything can happen

A lot like motorcycling in a way. I call it flying "wings vertical" Unexpected events occur and it's only with good training, experience and a cool head that one will find and execute a good solution .

There is an intense pleasure when the wind and sea gets up a bit and everything just clips along . When all is running well one can make coffee cook a meal enjoy the freedom of the only true intercontinental highway. Absolute freedom . Nirvana.

• Like 1

Never give up on having a boat . I dont know if you are inland or on the coast . But either way there has to be a stretch of water accessible to you . Look out for a "trailer sailer" They are to be got for handy money and carry 2/4 persons .Hone your skills in one of those . Find a friendly buddy to show you how its done safely . When you can handle her solo you will find that the desire for a schooner will fade away . Sloop rig 3/4 is a good way to start . Junk rig if you intend to travel long distances .

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm not much on nautical things but it seems that the term "clean lines" is a lot like the term "good money." Is there any other kind? I guess this would be a boat with dirty lines...

12639399.jpg

• Like 1

I always felt that "clean lines" meant sleek and well designed. I would have to say that Capt. Crow's posted image meets those criteria. Not very nautical myself, however, so I could be wrong. :D

Yep ,selected for that reason . fairly shifts and not much wind/hull drag .Sleeps six at a pinch galley ,loo and lots of storage. Fit for deep sea and with a swing keel will travel in one meter of water.

Designed by Juxtamarine and built /registered in Poole . She's a classic cruiser/racer. built tough and handles the rough with aplomb.

My darling . :thumbs:

Edited by Capt.Crow
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As i sit here looking at this desktop out of the corner of my eye I see the Slackware laptop and I feel secure that if this one packs in I have the other one .

Either way I have a couple of things to get sorted on the "Slacktop" so have to keep this old thing running a while longer .

My days are well occupied with carpentry and doing all those diddley liddle jobs that come with finishing off a new den . You all saw me ladder flying on another thread. Seriously thinking about creating a music studio up there . Only problem will be the decibels .The whole thing is built of wood so the acoustics will be "who knows" .I hope when it's up "n"running that other musicians will naturally gravitate to it .

The last time something like this happened there was a whole new sound created and we called it *garage trash*. It was very popular in Bulgaria. of all places .

I couldn't see why as It sounded like a cacophony of errors to me . No one could play at less than full volume and the mics just caved under the pressure .Maybe this time we will find players with more ears than egos . We live in hope .

Later :w00tx100: :rant: :w00tx100:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

The States went through its "garage band" stage. Some good stuff came out of that era...

Here's a good list: http://forgottenhits.com/your_top_50_all-time_favorite_garage_bands

One of my favs...

Count Five - Psychotic Reaction

I wore out my brother's 45 of this tune back in '66-'67. I was in 1st grade, but had good taste in ROCK & ROLL already! :yes:

The running break is the best part of it. ya jusgoddaluv the bobby socks brigade all sitting down in case the bouncer throws them out :hysterical: :hysterical:

Have a listen to the Humdingers over on You Tube Those guys are class.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even sure that's another koala. If it is, I think it's in withdrawal--I think they stay mildly stoned all the time on the eucalyptus leaves they eat.

Please post in the Forum feedback section on the bottom of the main page of the forums. Also, please describe the workaround you had to use. We'll get it sorted... thanks!

Adam

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I think we all have had a NoScript or related script blocking extension give us a start the the first time you don't realize scripting is needed on dynamic sites. ;) If that's what happened.

Looks like problem still there. The only post that came up tonight is this one . >what 's this no-script < malarky. Guess I have to go around to the Portal again . It really wastes a lot of time that way . Normally tab all the new posts and work through them that way . Is it related to Moz updates

Not my week .the motor blew a piston and the garden became a river .

That makes it three so no more for a good while .

Guest LilBambi

What do you mean by content tab? There is the portal, and there is the notification area. Both are fine here. Sometimes slow but not having issues with the forums loading.

This relates to the >View new content < tab .Most likely I did something wrongly. But I used to click on that tab and the unviewed new content used to load . Then I used to right click all the posts and >new-tab< them . As I read them I would cancel them and the next and the next . So saving a great deal of time .

So far all I get is Juswanna......