Juswannasayello!!!

Capt.Crow

Thinking I'll bump this with some light banter..

Anyway ,as you see I logon almost every night .

Then I catch up on all the new posts

.I am learning a lot from the interaction between you guys.

That's good for me.

Keeps the cortex open .

When that's done I drift over to the serious linux how'to pages

Had a look at the ports last nite ,surprised there were NO surprises.

Then after the serious stuff I go for a wander round the net looking for interesting footage ,news,movies, etc.

Still havent got sound on Skype as Dmn.PulseAudio is back .

Must have come down with the update/upgrade. Whatever.

I have to get to terms with ALSA and find a way to make that my preferred sound *engine*

** :th_0142: :th_Smileywave: :th_0142: :blink2:

If you watch above until they go in sync you're as crazy as me . :hysterical:

• Like 2

The requested URL /nhf/Programming/Introduction_to_bash_Shell_Scripting.html was not found on this server.

Where's this gone.

Had a nasty nightmare last night . Cant remember it ,probably good as I woke up is a sweat . So this morning I went out in the truck for a plug around the local town and loaded up a ton of spoil from and hauled that home . I needed the exercise . Now the arthritus in my back is at me ,But I should sleep well tonite .

Boring this aint it .

I have to get an up to date book on Linux as the O'Reilly I have is dog eared out of date and only yadders on about Red Hat.

So I have to do a fair bit of deciphering to get thing along on Debian.

Still not competent with Deb. When I am satisfied or completely frustrated I will get back on to the other box and finish Slackware.

Ah yes the past three days have been warm and sunny ,not the usual rain and drizzle ,so I got a bit more work on my roof done .

While I've been typing this the "no icons " thread came to mind . This happened to me a couple of years ago . and as i remember it was caused by a virus called F-Nimba or something like that . Avira .got rid and after that no worries as I used that for a firewall afterwards.

Maybe someone could do a trace and help that guy out .

Now I'm going for a BIG WHISKEY .. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Motorhead . ha ha ha . used to drink with DickMick and lenny in the Marquis of Granby .down Portobello way . Great afternoons getting totalled in the beer garden . Dont remind me about the boooooti full chicks that used to keep the table full of beeeerrr. At least I had a Time to remember . :th_smiley-wave2: :th_0140: :th_waving2-1: :Hammys_pint: :Hammys_pint:

The clip where the guy surfs over the bar Thats in Finches pub further down the hill .That was some pub . Run by an Irish chick called Rita .

The Marquiss was comonly known as Henekeys. Ya gotta google those places . I'm off to do just that and take a walk down mmemory lane

V.T. Eric Layton

Ooooh! Hangin' out with Lemmy and the gang from Motörhead... that would be COOL! :w00tx100:

Didn't seem cool then ,just normal . The first one of that crew that I met and got on really well with was Boss. Back in the old Deviants days when Mick Farren fronted . He was crap. Sandy left and I dissappeared on my roadmaster . Buzzed around all over England for a while .When I finally got back to London the guys had formed Hawkwind . That was a bit wishey washy so things changed again and boss and the guys reformed as M/head. Sorry it didn't seem like any biggy at the time . Just a bunch a freeks hangin out .

abarbarian

I have to get an up to date book on Linux as the O'Reilly I have is dog eared out of date and only yadders on about Red Hat.

So I have to do a fair bit of deciphering to get thing along on Debian.

Still not competent with Deb.

http://debian-handbook.info/ :breakfast:

• Like 2

The first time I heard about the Debian book it wasn't in print . I gonna get that out of the missus for me birthday next week

Just another little tidbit. One day when Mandelkau and I were heading up to the guys flat .We saw that there were rehearsals on in the theater next door . So we looked in and saw that they were rehearsing HAIR,, Soooo we sat down in the pews and lit up and watched for a while . Pretty soon some guy came over to us and asked if we would audition . ( Jamie and I had dark hair halfway down our backs and were dressed in the London style). A bit of conversation ensued during which a big round sheet was brought out on stage .There was a lot of singing and then a dive under the sheet with a fair amount of hustling going on under there . Next thing a chick pops out in the starkers followed by another then a guy then more all starkers. When Jamie and I could pull ourselves off the floor we beat a retreat . Man we laughed till we bust a gut . There was no way we could have done what those heads did ,on stage ..Nooooo Way.

To be honest, by the time a good book is produced, the information contained inside is out of date. Granted, with Debian it's not as bad. Debian's release cycle is very slow most times.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be going to slip over the horizon for a while soonish .I've been ripped off to the tune of 15euro for going 360mb over the d/load limit.

This has never happened before . All that's changed is the lad is using Tor , so I'm wondering if the proxy thing is the guilty one.

It's also sailing time and I'm suffering a great hankering to be off on the big water .

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd have to think about that a minute or so. I'm not sure if TOR would use more bandwidth. It's possible. I may need to investigate.

If you are allowing others to use you as an exit node, then yes, the bandwidth hit will likely be significant.

Adam

I think you are right . The last time Tor was used it ate 1.2gb as opposed to normal usage of between 450/700mb and they are long sessions.

I will look and see if the Tor can be tightened up.

Thank you for the inside track on this .

The missus gave me a tiddley ikkle goldfish in a bowl one year for my birthday . And a funny look when she saw a couple of tears slipping down my cheeks.

I had to explain that the motto in the house is *there are no prisoners under this roof*ever. Poor fish .

This year its a Zelkova bonsai tree . I kept shtum! Poor tree.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Speaking of Ray; haven't seen him here for a while. I just sent him and email to make sure all is well.

Ultra lightweight solar trains . I designed an all terrain solar train for Switzerland . Barely escaped the looney bin. :hysterical: :hysterical: :clap: