Show us your bike!

ross549

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, went on the first official shake down ride of the newly refurbished bicycle. Took her out for a 16.1 miler today. She performed flawlessly; back to her old self again. Unfortunately, it was HOT, HOT, HOT out there today. The ride beat the carp out of me. I'm a little out-of-shape due to minimal riding or walking since November. :(

• Like 1

And it's quite a cool day here in NJ--only a little over 70. Glad the bike is back in shape.

Edited by ebrke

Guest LilBambi

You will get better. Might want to try mornings for a while, eh? At least before the worst of the heat of the day till you get back in shape?

So glad you have your bike back!

We had a wonderful day here today in VA. Our high point was 79F and only for a couple hours. Most of the day very comfortable! And not as much humidity either!

After the 90s and high humidity ... this was a real blessing today.

I put a new bracket on my bike this last week using imported german pipe clamps. Pics will be posted this afternoon.

Adam

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

And it's quite a cool day here in NJ--only a little over 70. Glad the bike is back in shape.

That would be like heaven. It's about 16 weeks away from beautiful weather again here in FL. I can hardly wait. One good thing about getting older, the wait doesn't seem to be as long these days. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

You will get better. Might want to try mornings for a while, eh? At least before the worst of the heat of the day till you get back in shape?

Yup. If I get this job When I start working in a few weeks, I'll be riding to work (1 mile) at 0700 and then riding home at 1630. I may have to take the long way home to add about 9 miles to the ride. I could always just go another mile north from the campus and ride around the really nice Al Lopez Park that's also near my house. I'd have to do about 5 laps around that place and then head home. I'd get home about 1730. That's not too bad.

Also, there are lots of stairs at the campus. I can get some serious cardio by just avoiding elevators. :)

It holds my phone so I can use it for activity tracking.

http://www.quadlockcase.com/

10402846_10152458904463744_1060917033936898640_n.jpg

It was a bear to find the right length + width to fid the quad lock mount. These are 7mm x 40 cm (diameter). It took me several hours of googling to find the pipe clamps with the narrow bands. Most are >10mm wide. Even with this, I had to dremel a bit off the notches on the posts on the edn of the mount. It is extroardinary secure, and the phone will come out of the case before coming off the mount, unless the mount itself fails.

10356325_10152443296258744_3429659725102326262_n.jpg

The mount came with zip ties, but that was not nearly enough to hold the mount without moving around. The clamps work a lot better.

Adam

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Man! Waaaay too techie for me. That looks like something Josh would have on his bike. Of course, Josh would have three or four of them. :hysterical:

• Like 1

Well, I like to keep it simple. My bike lights will be pretty cool when they come in this fall (Kickstarter).

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

Just being positive. The interview is not till tomorrow afternoon (Thursday the 26th @ 1515hrs). Please remember to sacrifice the chicken breasts this evening w/ a light breading, a dash of salt/pepper, and a squeeze or two of lemon. ;)

AAAAAmBFMyIAAAAAAR6yIQ.jpg

And, of course...

Praise Cthulhu and that Flying Spaghetti dude, too, while I'm at it!

3886136-2931291548-cthul.jpg

fsm-500.jpg

• Like 1

securitybreach

And, of course...

Praise Cthulhu and that Flying Spaghetti dude, too, while I'm at it!

Indeed, good luck :thumbup:

• Like 1

securitybreach

Those shopping carts are expensive though.

I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it... In larger cities, you see them laying around as people walk home with them. Your obviously not supposed to but people do do it.

securitybreach

Well the grocery stores do send people around the neighborhoods as you see the trucks with 4-5 carts in the back.

Some stores even have a warning written on the carts that basically said that "taking the cart off of premises is stealing and they will prosecute".

V.T. Eric Layton

Being an experienced bike rider, I can tell you that that setup would be inherently dangerous. The small wheels on that cart would not roll well at speed. A small dip or pot hole in the road would cause that fellow to go ascii over tea kettle.

It would be better to modify the cart to be pulled by the bike.

This would work gooder...

102-0916134223-shoppinc-cart-trailer.JPG

This one might work, too...

shopping_cart_cargo_bike.jpg?

• Like 1

Yer grand mate .. The first one is a no no .Squidge bang wallop.

The double articulated trailer . Looks real good.

The tricycle looks just like a butcherboy's delivery cycle .

I actually used to have an afterschool job delivering meat for the local butcher on something like that .

Memory lane hey!!