TechTV Staff - "You're Fired!"

Arena2045

linuxdude32

Yikes! :) ;) ;) That'll be a real shame if they're getting rid of all the channels. It's not clear whether or not Comcast is planning on producing the same shows themselves or just getting rid of them. :'(

havnblast

First they get rid of Leo than they hire em back and now they are getting rid of everyone - that truely sucks. How is that poor, useless shows can stay on the air, but a great shows like Call For Help and The ScreenSavers can't be left alone. I haven't see either show in a long time, but I always liked the crew they had. What a waste to destory it.

Guest LilBambi

Yeah, very upsetting!!! :thumbsdown: I posted about it on my site as well as responding on Leoville and I sent an email to G4 copying Leo and Paul Allen's press email on his site.I also signed the petitions that are posted in the Leoville comments section on this.ZDTV/TechTV have been through enough changes already! Now they are being assimilated.This really stinks ... sigh...

SonicDragon

This is so awful it's hard to put into words. Those poor people. I've learned a lot from those people and it's sad to see them go. Shame on comcast :thumbsdown:

A long time ago I used to watch TechTV. But a couple of years ago, the masterminds behind the programming ruined that station. They completely dumbed it down and started catering to the new user ONLY. Helping new users is great and I truly enjoy doing it myself. But they completely abandoned the experienced computer user. While they may get some mileage out of teaching new users, only computer die hards are going to watch TV about computers on a regular basis. They should have kept a more balanced format between the new and long time computer users. They shot themselves by not keeping the techies in mind.

SonicDragon
They completely dumbed it down and started catering to the new user ONLY.
Yea, i wish they would do some more advanced stuff too. Call for Help is extremely basic, but the screen savers isn't (or now wasn't :hmm: ) too bad.

Guest LilBambi

Yeah, somebody needs to start a new ZDTV type network again and not let anyone ruin this time. They really needed to get back to their ZDTV roots and instead tried to appeal to the likes of Comcast/G4 TV so they could get bought. :hmm:

linuxdude32

There's a FAQ about the merger between G4 and TechTV up now which includes what shows will stay:http://www.g4techtv.com/faq.htmlAll the providers listed are American. Wonder about whether my provider will have the new channel (we only got Tech TV a couple of years ago on digital satellite and cable).

I have Comcast B) and live close to Philly, where it started. Yet we don't get g4 or techtv. Pay alot, get little.

SonicDragon

Looks like the screen savers will still be showing. Do you think any of the cast will relocate and take the new job?

linuxdude32
Looks like the screen savers will still be showing. Do you think any of the cast will relocate and take the new job?
The younger cast probably will (Kevin, Sarah, Dan), don't know about Patrick and Leo and Leo left ScreenSavers to do Call For Help, but that hinged on a renegotiation in his contract, which he'll probably have to start all over again with the new owner. I noticed that Tech Live wasn't on the list, I think I almost like that program more than the ScreenSavers.

SonicDragon
The younger cast probably will (Kevin, Sarah, Dan), don't know about Patrick and Leo and Leo left ScreenSavers to do Call For Help, but that hinged on a renegotiation in his contract, which he'll probably have to start all over again with the new owner. I noticed that Tech Live wasn't on the list, I think I almost like that program more than the ScreenSavers.
Yea that makes sence. I think TechLive definatly one of the better shows on TechTV. Sad to see that will no longer air :D

linuxdude32
Yea that makes sence. I think TechLive definatly one of the better shows on TechTV. Sad to see that will no longer air ;)
I looked at the list again and noted that they're keeping Unscrewed and the Thunderbirds. :url: Sheesh!

Yea that makes sence. I think TechLive definatly one of the better shows on TechTV. Sad to see that will no longer air ;)
I looked at the list again and noted that they're keeping Unscrewed and the Thunderbirds. :url: Sheesh!
Anything to keep less of the staff.

• 2 weeks later...

One more reason to hate Comcast. As if I needed another one.I avoid them for all of my TV, Broadband and Entertainment needs. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Never had it so I don't miss it.I refuse to be required to get a box for my TV when there are 2 perfectly good tuners built right in so I lack Digital Cable or any variety of the Dish. Don't hate Comcast. They had quite a niche market to cater to. How many hours of the same TV content can they expect to be able to air before the advertising revenue dries up? Maybe an hourly once a week show on CNN or FoxNews would be more like it.