Google+ creator Vic Gundotra is leaving Google

V.T. Eric Layton

I agree, but with one small adjustment to what you say...

I would change "human resource" to just resource because most of these BIG COs don't even care about your humanity. I watched people literally sicken and collapse in their cubicles at that nasty call center job I had in '07-'08. The absentee policy was so strict and the workers were so job scared that it was common to see ambulances taking folks out off the call center floor on any given day. And this was one of the better call centers to work for, I was told.

Sometimes if you are moving to a competitor, you quit, give your notice and the company makes you leave the same day. That happened to me once. I was pretty upset but later I figured it's just business. I got a couple of weeks of extra vacation out of it. Other times when I quit and gave notice I had to stay till the end.

However if you get terminated you'll be outta there the same hour usually.

The worst I ever saw happen was a guy who got seriously ill. He was off for 6 months, and the day he returned to work he was fired.

Edited by raymac46

Guest LilBambi

Yes, I agree. Sounds like he was headhunted by another company and maybe he felt he could be more good in the new position at the new company.

Should be interesting.

I wonder if he is going back to Microsoft now that Microsoft needs someone like Vic.

There is also this: "But Gundotra's public relations approach of bundling Google+ usage metrics with more established Google products, and releasing big batches of new features at once, didn't have quite the impressive effect he might have hoped."

I personally was very unhappy with the bundling all under one account and the crap they pulled on me with G+. I have not forgiven them for that.

Edited by LilBambi

V.T. Eric Layton

Google screwed me on my Google Adsense account and they caused me grief with that whole pseudonym/real name thing at G+. I said to h3ck with them. I don't "do" Google at all these days. I even have all Google cookies and tracking blocked on my browsers. Their "don't be evil" line is a bunch of carp. They're nothing more than a huge bloodsucking mega-corp... just like all the rest.

http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2009/04/google_quietly.php

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Speaking of G+, I logged on (for the first time in a long time) to Diaspora the other night. It's kinda' dead over there; in my stream, anyway. :(