Spring 2014 has finally arrived here in Virginia!

Guest LilBambi

Please post your goldfinches and get us back on track, puh....leeeeezzzzeeeee! ;)

Was only going to say that I have about a dozen goldfinches at the feeders in my backyard, many seemingly male because they're the bright yellow as opposed to the more muted, greeny color of the females (I think). They're great to look at and take some of the curse off the rat I'm still battling to keep out of the yard. And the robin survived the below freezing temps for a couple of nights and is still hanging in on her nest in the bush outside my front door. Tough lady.
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's you dinner, Adam... rat burgers in gravy:

100_5131.JPG

And just so that we remain sort of on topic... some beautiful goldfinches:

american-goldfinch_16809_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Hope you have some pics of them ... would be great to see them!

Sorry, no pics. Doubt I would have the skill to capture fluttery little goldfinches even if I had a camera available. The robin's next is deep in the thickest part of the bush--very hard to see and impossible to get close to. Hope she survives tonight--our temps are supposed to drop to freezing again. :'(

Guest LilBambi

Yes! So true!

No worries. I think we can imagine what they look like and if not, there are some awesome pics on the Internet that might come close.