"ZDNet's FREE Password Pro 32 V.3.14"

RAG

"ZDNet's FREE Password Pro 32 V.3.14"I am using "ZDNet's FREE Password Pro 32 V.3.14" on my Desktop computer, and I would like to install it on my Notebook computer. But when I do a search for the 5.35 MB download, I get the following report. ""ZDNet's Password Pro 32", is not available for download at this time. " I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where I could download the program from. RAG___________________________________________________________________Wednesday, May 05, 2004: PLEASE NOTE. A friend of mine here in Pensacola sent me the following in a message."It is available at: http://www.makingmoneydaily.com/free.html"I went to the Site and downloaded ZDNet's FREE Password Pro 32 V.3.14, and installed it on my Notebook computer. I then copied my Richard.zdp file from my Desktop to my Notebook, and I now have the same password information on both computers.For those who are intersted, I recommend the program and suspect that it won't be long before it will no longer be available as a Free program. As most of you know, we now have to pay for the utilites from ZDNet's PC Magazine Site.) RAG

Well, let's not over look the obvious. Where did you download it on your desktop pc? My Documents? My Documents\My Downloads? If you downloaded it you can copy it over to the notebook via a network connection or a via a CD or email. So many possibilities. :whistling:

Good point, but the downloaded setup file is no longer available. As I recall I downloaded the setup file to my ZipUnZip folder on my desktop HD over two years ago and I deleted the setup file from the folder after I installed the program. (I usually save setup files to one of my Zip Archive disks. But I checked the six Archive Zip disks and the setup file for Password Pro was not on any of them.) RAG

If it was a PCMagazine download - you must pay for those now. A subscription costs $19.97 if you are not a magazine subscriber, $14.97 if you are. Those two prices are for unlimited downloads during the year (I think they have about 130 programs). There is also a 1 month subscription in the $2-$5 range BUT you are limited to 3 downloads. It's also important to note that if you subscribe and don't cancel the year plan, I know, they auto charge your cc. I looked over the titles at ZD and they have something called Password Profiler. You may want to see if this is an updated version of what you were using. (I have some programs on floppy, from when they were free, unfortunately I never downloaded that program).This comment in 11/2003 http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/5208-6118-0.h...D=1906&start=-1seems to indicate it has problems with ME and XP.

That particular program is no longer on ZDNet and hasn't been for some time. Not sure what happened but the author, Greg French, pulled it from ZD. And either the author or ZD purged all downloads of it from the 'net. So subscribing to the new fee based ZDNet service won't help.

Thanks for the link, RAG. I suspect a few of us will download and archive this - so if anyone asks, we can offer it to them. :D

Thanks indeed RAG. Considering the company it is in at that website it's quite a find.BTW When I click on your link with Netscape I get a Page not found Error. There is a "%22" at the end of the link which when removed resolves the error.

Ed, Here is the info from the site I downloaded the file from.___________________________________http://www.makingmoneydaily.com/free.htmlPassword Pro http://www.makingmoneydaily.com/zpwp32.zip(5.35Mb zpwp32.zip) ZDnet's solution to keeping up with all your passwords. One master password gives you access to all of 'em!___________________________________ If you have a problem downloading it, I can send you the file as an attachment. (I have renamed the downloaded file "ZDNet_PassWordPro32_V314_zpwp32.zip" , vs zpwp32.zip.) BTW, the fellow who sent me the URL for the site uses Netescape as his default browser. But, he didn't download the file, he just searched for the info and sent it to me. I downoladed the file using IE 6. RAG

BTW, I have used "ZDNet's FREE Password Pro 32 V.3.14" on my computers running 98, 98SE, ME, and XP Home Edition. It worked fine with all of these OSs. I am currently using it with two computers using XP Home Edition. RAG

RAG your original link included the quote mark at the end, the link above doesn't have that problem.Regardless I have downloaded the newer version, now my question is will my PWP v2 database work in the PWP v3 sw. B) Thanks again for finding it and posting the link. And thanks for noting that is will run on W98 in addition to WXP. I run both OSs and use PWP v2 on both so it's will be nice to keep them in sync. I find it interesting that v2 was authored by Greg French and v3 is by Christopher Thompson.

Ed,"now my question is will my PWP v2 database work in the PWP v3 sw." My recollection is that I had PWP V2 before I got V3 and that I just copied my V2 database file to the folder where I installed V3 program and then I opened it with V3 of the program."I run both OSs and use PWP v2 on both so it's will be nice to keep them in sync."Well that is the rub, keeping them in sync. <g> Easy to sync, but hard to remember to do so. And easy to forget to open PWP and put in new information. But, as you know, PWP is a wonderful program. And I have found it better than a database or spreadsheet program for managing password data.Thanks for your feedback and help.RAG

PWP is a wonderful program. And I have found it better than a database or spreadsheet program for managing password data.
I love it. And with multiple members in the family it's nice to have to enter a password to access the password database.