your phone has a virus

Temmu

It's ever so much easier for BIG BRO to keep his eye on you with digital comm, too. ;)

I am sure it is an issue of value to the telcos/isps. Easier to roll out new tech to the subscribers when you have a high speed data line going to the house. :)

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

I am sure it is an issue of value to the telcos/isps.

Is that a nice way of saying that the greedy capitalist pig dogs make more $$$ off the poor consumer masses? Then, yeah... I agree. ;)

Note: I don't really have anything against greedy capitalist pig dogs; I just wish I was one; a successful one, of course. :yes:

Eventually, you won't have a choice, Elizabeth. Verizon is completely eliminating their copper line networks in my area. Of course, it may be years before they do that where you or Fran live. It's not just Verizon, either. Most larger phone companies are trying to go digital and eliminate their copper dependency.

They're already trying that around here, refusing to replace copper at Jersey Shore in communities hit hard by Hurricane Sandy. And just today I got snail mail from AT&T trying to convince me to go wireless with my home phone at a "great savings". Yeah, right, just until they get a foothold. I need dependable 9-1-1 service and wireless just doesn't cut it. A friend with knowledge of telecommunications says at least in my area, all companies are going heavily for wireless, claims even FIOS is stalling. Edited by ebrke
  • Like 1

wow. wireless phone. that's great unless it's raining. but that's fine, there are never any emergencies when it rains, right?

(i did not even know that major carriers proffered wireless phone service...)