Testing sharing photo from dropbox

Fuddster

V.T. Eric Layton

To do what I think you're trying to do, you need to drop your .jpg, .png, or .gif file into your Dropbox Public folder, then open the Dropbox website, highlight the file by clicking on it once, and copy the public link. Once you have that come here and post the public link within the image codes http://bla bla_fuddster-pic.png[/img] (without the ). :)

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

If you have Dropbox installed, you just put it anywhere in the public folder, and then right click on the image and choose, "Copy Public Link", and paste it in the image url like below:

SNF10thanniversary.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-06-19-43-01.png

This is supposed to be the battery screenshot I posted in the Mobile thread. When I put up the test posts, I just saw a link that says 'Posted Image' instead of seeing the actual image. I posted the link using the 'Image' button on the editing bar.

For whatever reason, I deleted the failed links from each post when I saw they weren't working as I thought they should. As you can see, I got the links working via my Flickr account. :thumbup:

I used to be pretty good with BBCode from my days on another local to me computer forum, but their server's been down for almost a couple years now and I've been out of practice. I doubt it will ever be back up. :(

At least I know I can get back up to speed here!

Guest LilBambi

Interesting. I can see it as a raw link --> http://www.dropbox.c...06-19-43-01.png, but the board will not let it be posted as an image. :(

I don't think it was posted from the correct area in Dropbox. If you try to look at that image, it's not a direct image, it goes to a page within dropbox to view it. It should be a direct image. Kinda like using the image page at wikipedia instead of opening the image itself in a new page or tab and using that link.