DRM sticks its head out again

Well I use a spoon to put my coffee in my machine so it will not affect me, a much more environmentally way to make coffee. :shifty:

• Like 1

For the amount of coffee my husband & I consume, one of those would never work. We have two 12 cup Mr. Coffee machines working daily. My hubby's has decaf and mine has any one of 3 flavors. Hazelnut and French Vanilla are two while the 3rd flavor changes.

I went to my nieces house for dinner and she made coffee for 7 adults with one of those. Her brother, who enjoys coffee as much as I do, and I were ready for a 2nd cup yet she was still making the first cup for the others.

• Like 1

For the amount of coffee my husband & I consume, one of those would never work. We have two 12 cup Mr. Coffee machines working daily. My hubby's has decaf and mine has any one of 3 flavors. Hazelnut and French Vanilla are two while the 3rd flavor changes.

I went to my nieces house for dinner and she made coffee for 7 adults with one of those. Her brother, who enjoys coffee as much as I do, and I were ready for a 2nd cup yet she was still making the first cup for the others.

The new model has a version that makes by the pot full and not just by the cup.

V.T. Eric Layton

HAHA! I read about this the other day. But in all honesty, the day I go out and spend 100+ bucks on a coffee maker that only makes one cup at a time is the same day I'll be out purchasing bright LIME GREEN Nike tennis shoes that cost $300. Care for a little snowball tossing in H3LL? :hysterical:

Old is good. An you can use it in the woods.

RgmnXiS.jpg

Hey whats with the no love fro green, I thought it was your favourite colour :tease:

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, some things just don't go well in green. However, others look MIGHTY fine in that color...

Piles-of-cash-money.jpg

Sick and twisted, eh?

So glad I never bought one.

Never will now.

I never used one because I didn't like the idea of my coffee dripping through that kind of soft plastic--there's been some debate about toxins from the plastic. But if that hadn't put me off, this certainly would. Let's hope it winds up doing something like refusing the certified Keurig coffee.

V.T. Eric Layton

My niece has one. I've gotten used to using it when I've been over there occasionally doing home fixer-upper projects for her this past couple years. I surely wouldn't buy one, though. She's offered to give me hers when she gets a new one, though. ;)

My niece has one. I've gotten used to using it when I've been over there occasionally doing home fixer-upper projects for her this past couple years. I surely wouldn't buy one, though. She's offered to give me hers when she gets a new one, though. ;)

Take up the offer. With a 3D printer you can make your own pods. :shifty:

V.T. Eric Layton

It's one of the older ones, she has a generic pod that you can fill with your own choice of grounds. Plus, it uses the generic ones available at the stores, these days. They still cost too much as far as I'm concerned, though. I'll just use the re-usable pod that she has with my own "el cheapo" grocery store generic coffee that I buy in the big 48 oz can. :)

It's one of the older ones, she has a generic pod that you can fill with your own choice of grounds. Plus, it uses the generic ones available at the stores, these days. They still cost too much as far as I'm concerned, though. I'll just use the re-usable pod that she has with my own "el cheapo" grocery store generic coffee that I buy in the big 48 oz can. :)

Neat. :breakfast:

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

HAHA! I read about this the other day. But in all honesty, the day I go out and spend 100+ bucks on a coffee maker that only makes one cup at a time is the same day I'll be out purchasing bright LIME GREEN Nike tennis shoes that cost $300. Care for a little snowball tossing in H3LL? :hysterical:

It's not that it just makes 1 cup at a time either ... the K-Cups are so expensive!

V.T. Eric Layton

Sure, Fran. It reminds me of the printer company's move to their "ink based" income business plan a few years ago. They practically give the printers away nowadays, but the ink cartridges cost an arm and two legs. This Keurig business plan is similar, I think. :yes:

V.T. Eric Layton

I think you are so right Eric!

Umm... unfortunately, for the silly consumer. :(

Gotta' hand it to the printer companies, though... that was a GREAT marketing plan.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, but it sure made them some MAJOR BUCKS, and as we all know, that's the Prime Directive of any for-profit corporation; public or private.

It was not a good plan for innovation. Which in the long run makes it NOT a good marketing plan.

how did the price of ink cartridges affect "innovation"? iirc, there were a few companies who had inks that worked around the problem. My prediction (no guarantees , prior success means nothing for future results) for the Krueg is that other coffee makers will come out with similar machines but flout that any pod can be used as long as it fits.

Guest LilBambi
V.T. Eric Layton

Yes...such selfish, short-sighted thinking can be quite dangerous.

Sure can. Just ask Olson Electronics, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Sears, Kmart, Commodore Computers, Atari, etc.

FWIW, there is a K-cup insert that lets you put your own grounds in.....

Adam

Yes. I mentioned that above in regards to the one that my niece is supposedly giving me when she gets her new one.

Not interested in using the Keurigs at all. My 4 cup drip machine has been on the job for about 10 years now. Why fix what ain't broke???

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Not interested in using the Keurigs at all. My 4 cup drip machine has been on the job for about 10 years now. Why fix what ain't broke???

Oh, me neither. If I get a free one that I can use with my own generic grounds, fine. If not, my old Mr. Coffee is still chugging along. I paid $12 for it brand new a Kmart about 8 years ago. It's a ho-hum boring one with no whistles, clocks, Internet access, etc.

Just like this one...

0007217922826_500X500.jpg

• Like 1

what ever happened to the good ol' percolator?

vastly overrated. i would go as far as to say that using a percolator ruins the coffee. unless it is penny-a-pound coffee or chicory-cut-coffee which can't get worse anyway.

Guest LilBambi

$_58.JPG

This is the 'One Mug' Coffee Maker I use. Even came with it's own insulated cup for the road. ;)

I use regular cups in it though most of the time. Makes great one mug brewed coffee and tea.

$_58.JPG

This is the 'One Mug' Coffee Maker I use. Even came with it's own insulated cup for the road. ;)

I use regular cups in it though most of the time. Makes great one mug brewed coffee and tea.

hmm, interesting though i would think the coffee would not be hot with a regular cup as there would be a big air gap. And

what do you use when you are not running?

To me the K-Pod (an adapter you would put into a regular full pot coffee maker) is something to keep an eye out for.

Guest LilBambi

When I am home I use a regular cup. ;)

When on the road (driving) I use an insulated cup.

I just want to make a cup at a time. And as I say, it works great for tea as well.