MDT 2012 image install snags on a driver issue

telecomguy9

Okay, I got past the driver issue. Now I'm having an issue with a MDT 2012 image completing 100% successfully. Everything installs and I get into Windows, but when it finishes it fails with 8 errors. The errors are:

FAILURE (7002): Computer is a member of a domain, should be in a workgroup when sysprepping.

Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = 2147467259 0x80004005

Failed to run the action: Execute Sysprep.

The specified protocol driver is invaled. (Error: 00001B5A; Source: Windows)

The execution of the group (State Restore) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.

Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Execute Sysprep: Execution of task sequence failed.

The specified protocol driver is invalid. (Error: 00001B5A; Source: Windows)

Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005

Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

I'm confused about what's happening and why. What I did was create a VM with everything in the image I want. I then ran a Sysprep and Capture Task Sequence on the VM. I basically followed this guys step-by-step procedure:

The good thing is that the image does install, the computer joins the domain, and everything seems to be okay. The bad thing is that I get those errors and I don't understand why. I believe that, among other things, it's saying the sysprep couldn't be completed, but my question is what sysprep?

Ugh, I'm so confused...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by telecomguy9

Well, the good thing is that I have gotten past the initial issue with a storage driver keeping Windows from booting once the image is applied. Now I just need to figure out how to have certain default settings be in place for any user that logs onto the imaged PC. I know I need to do this in Audit mode so I'm working on that now. Hopefully I can figure it out on my own. 8)