Just installed LinuxBBQ Cinnamon

mhbell

I just installed LinuxBBQ Cinnamon desktop version. Everything worked for me right out of the box, even my ati radeon card. Wow! it is fast. it is the fastest of any distro I have tried for booting up except maybe LXLE.

I was going to install Chromium (google chrome) but it said it was going to uninstall to many other things to install it. I like the cinnamon desktop and did not want it messed up by installing chromium. Will have to play with this awhile. during install it used some things from siduction and it is based on sid. I am using it as I write this.

Mel

i installed BBQ linux as a virtual machine, gotta say this is really good looking, updated out of the box and no problems with repositories (some arch derivatives gave me some issues one that one), ill build aosp roms for my nexus 4 from Carbon repositories and see how well does bbq linux works for this task.

Guest LilBambi

Like anything else, variety is the spice of life. That is one of the beauties of Linux flavors; some you like more than others, and some work better than others ... Thankfully the ones that work well on my systems are also ones I like a lot. ;)

Like anything else, variety is the spice of life. That is one of the beauties of Linux flavors; some you like more than others, and some work better than others ... Thankfully the ones that work well on my systems are also ones I like a lot. ;)

Thats for sure. I use Mint 16 Cinnamon for everyday work Rock Stable. I keep Debian 7.3 with Cinnamon as a spare. Everything else is to explore and try out. I like to download distro's and put them on the hard drive for testing. I don't have MS Windows on any of my computers anymore. o:)
  • Like 1